Camping in Monticello

8 Reviews of 2 Monticello, Ohio Campgrounds

F
Reviewed May. 26, 2021

Short trip for the zoo

Very straightforward reservation and check in process. The grounds are nice with a lovely river right across the street. Bathrooms are A+ with a code for only campers. I would definitely return here.

Site#18
Dan S.
Reviewed Apr. 25, 2021

Great place to unwind

We love Poor Farmers Campground. The staff is friendly and helpful and the sites are well maintained.

Ashley R.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 13, 2021

Good place

This place has a lot of seasonal campers and the ones we interacted with were nice. Some parts are more congested than others but not a horrible place to stay.

Haylie M.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 15, 2020

Hidden in Plain Sight

I grew up in Ft. Wayne, so when I think of this campground I always think of Johnny Appleseed Festival. We have recently purchased an RV and plan to use it full time. We wanted to stay in town prior to traveling.

During our stay, I continued to forget that I was in the city. The park is connected…

Amanda H.
Reviewed Dec. 18, 2018

Fairly modern

This is a small campground in the middle of the city. It’s directly across the road from the Saint Joe River, very near a dam. You can hear the alarms when the dam is opened or closed. Very clean area!

Matthew M.
Reviewed Aug. 21, 2018

Decent for in the city

Pretty nice environment for being in the middle of the city just wish the river was clean

J
Reviewed Jun. 9, 2018

Looked like a ghost town

This small, well-kept Campground is a Fort Wayne city park surrounded by industrial & commercial businesses. The Park is clean with the most modern, clean shower/bath house I’ve seen. Unfortunately, the restroom is located across the street from the campground. The sites were occupied by large…

• Nice campers but no people
Tara W.
Reviewed Apr. 19, 2018

Urban Camping

This is a great little campground if you are wanting to explore Fort Wayne or are local and want to campout. Easy access to downtown, the Coliseum, IPFW, and shopping. The River Greenway path cuts right through the park, and there is also a boat launch for the river.

It seems rather secluded, but…

Site27, 26, 6