The best TENT SITES camping near
Climax , OHIO

Most Recent Climax Camping Reviews
What a horrible owner

What a dump. And what a horrible owner who told me I was "bitching" about the campground. I stayed one night after they put me down a steep hill that I barely got back up, near a portajohn, a run down permanent trailer and a construction site. It was pitch black and I would have had to unhook the truck just to drive to the bathhouse at the top of the campground hill. Even after I explained that I had traveled cross country with a sick dog and hadn't showered in 3 days. He wouldn't give me my money back when I checked out after 1 night even since I had prepaid for a week. For a lower price, you can stay 15 minutes west on Indian Lake. It's no wonder he is selling the place. He's running it into the ground with a bad attitude and dumpy spots.

Great Park

This was an awesome place to take our 5th wheel. We have a 42.5 ft fifth wheel and driving through the site, getting water/dump station was real easy. The cul de sac style sites are awesome for kids (mine are all under 4). They were able to go around in circles on their bikes all day with minimal traffic. And everything was well maintained.

Great park

We just stayed in Delaware as our first trip of the camping season and had a great time. We had a egg hunt for Easter through the woods that attach to many of the sites and the kids had a ball. The ranger patrols pretty frequently. However since it’s still been cold they currently do not have the water on except for one area for portable water up front by the dump station.

Sounds of Spring

This is about our 5th or 6th trip here. It’s close to home, but more importantly it has great trails and wooded sites. Winter camping has several sections of the park closed, only 1 shower house open and no camp hosts or camp store. In the summer this park has a marina , beach , several playgrounds , disk golf and a dog park.
The only negative this about this park is it is prone to flooding and the sites can get really muddy.

Broken Water Pipe

We camped here in mid March and were one of 3 campers in the park. It’s located right across the street from Mt Gilead State park which was handy since right before arriving the KOA had a water leak. We were able to go across the street to the state park to fill our water tank.
The KOA has everything resolved by the next day but they were still nice enough to credit us back a night stay since we paid for a full hookup and were unable to use the water at first.
The park itself is new, I believe it opened in 2020 so they are still adding on but they have a pool , playground, dog park and restaurant that is open during peak season.
The sites are gravel and some have paved patios. All have fire pits and picnic tables. The camp store is nice and well stocked with useful items. We would definitely go back but probably not in the summer when it’s busy because we don’t like crowds.

Great Halloween Activities!!

My family enjoyed spending a weekend at Walnut Grove. Staff was very kind and informed. I will be coming back next season!

Stayed at campsite #8

.3 miles to the site from where you can park. Follow the markers for the site. The campsite was a nice quiet site. There was a little bit of trash in the fire ring but seen that more times than not. The ground was a little slanted everywhere we looked although we set up our tent in the dark arriving after dusk. Do not recommend that ever really!

As the other reviews state and are correct, go to the ranger station/kiosk in the park and fill out a park and pack camping registration sheet as well as signing the sheet hanging for picking a site. Check what sites people have reserved before you and double check when they are departing so you don’t reserve the same one they are staying at.

IMPORTANT: Personally the directions on the kiosk where you sign in are misleading and to me really just plain wrong. The directions were correct once we got to the trailhead BUT there was no way to know where the trail head was or what the name of it was, nothing. So we wondered around for like an hour walking a random trail in the dark and not finding anything. Finally we got online and found a handy dandy pic with the location of all the sites and trailheads. I updated the location of the trail head to the campsite for the posting here on the app. Again you must still register in the park which is a solid 5-10 min drive from the kiosk to the trailhead. The trail head is for campsites 8, 9 &10. We will post the picture and your life will be easier than ours. Enjoy and Happy camping!

Alum creek

It’s the place to go swimming with family and friends

Love this place!

The owners and manager are great people. Roles are put in place snd followed do those of us that need sleep at night can do so. There are three fishing lakes, one for boating, a pool, weekly cornhole tournaments, horseshoes, a small playground, and activities planned (at least when Covid is under control.) Large sites available and some with sewers!!

Keep your children away!

Current residence of several registered sex offenders.