The best TENT SITES camping near
Rolling Hills , NORTH CAROLINA

Most Recent Rolling Hills Camping Reviews
Can’t Go Wrong!!

This was my first trip in my newly converted van, and it was more than I had hoped. Amazing views, clean bathrooms, hot showers, quiet neighbors, and a welcoming owner!! I have no complaints! If you’re in the area, definitely check it out. I would say it’s the best view of the mountain there is. Can’t say enough how great it was. Will definitely return!

Friendliest and Nicest

My husband and I did a South East Tour this winter and stayed at 12 RV Parks. The folks at River Walk RV were the most accommodating pleasant people we ran in to. The  "Welcome Bag" was a nice touch and very appreciated. No other park offered such a nice token.

The campground itself was not finished, however the potential and direction they are going in is spot on. There is a nice walking path along the river. It sits down at the base of some rugged hills and gives it a private feel. Deer came right up to our camper and my husband saw them while walking our dog.

The rate was average, but we were there in the off season.  The only reason I scored it a "4" is because it wasn't completed. However, my husband and I will definitely be back! Great Place! Nice host and hostess!

Loving the Lower Loop

We stayed on the Lower Loop of Badin Lake Campground, specifically site 16. There was a grassy area behind our site and a few other sites that was perfect for frisbee throwing or ball throwing/kicking. Some even used it for their tents. The lake was a stone’s throw behind our site, accessible via a well-worn path. Other sites are practically sitting at the edge of the lake. Sites 9 or 13 will be on my list for the next visit. Plenty of flora, so the sites are relatively private. Abundant shoreline for fishing and also lots of cover for the fish. No ice or firewood on site, so be sure to hit the Uwharrie Trails General Store on the way in.

Loved it here!

Have waited six months into our RV life to start reviews for fair comparisons. Spent four nights. Loved this campground. Small, quiet, great mountain biking trails that you can ride to from the campground. No direct water hook-up, which was a bit surprising for the cost. But you can get water there. Great dog walking areas.

Will Definitely Visit this Campground Again

We decided to make an overnight stop at Badin Lake Campground on our way to South Carolina and boy, are we glad we did. Based on a few YouTube videos, we chose to stay in Site #9 overlooking the lake. As you can see from our photos, the view is spectacular. The campground is very clean and well kept. Especially the toilets and showers, which were spotless. The sites are spacious and most accommodate various size travel trailers.

The only issue we had was trying to locate firewood. There wasn't any for sale at the campground and we didn't see any for sale by local residents along our route into the area. Fortunately, we were able to rustle up enough downed wood to build a small fire to roast a few hotdogs and enjoy the quiet evening.

We look forward to returning in the future so we can spend more time enjoying the campground and take advantage of the various recreational opportunities in the area.

Hunt camp off main road

FREE. large size nobody else here in March but I’m sure as summer rolls around it fills up more.

Tom is the Bomb!

Stay here, you won’t regret it. The owner is the best. He’s out helping folks all day long and never leaves anyone in need.

Great people all around!

Excellent KOA Journey

Easy on-Easy off access to several major highways which is exactly what a KOA Journey describes!! Just perfect for us. The staff is welcoming, friendly, and very helpful! Was greeted immediately, given a nice bag of goodies and taken to our site within minutes! We were set up and relaxing after a long trip within 10 minutes! I see a few complaints about highway noise - a little research will let you know within seconds that this is a KOA Journey designed for easy on-easy off access. We had no problem with highway “noise.” After two days, we realized we needed RV help. Staff was extremely helpful in finding a mobile RV service along with tire repair service, was very accommodating in allowing us to extend our stay. We already recommended this campground to our traveling group and will return in July and in October to see the leaves change! My advice to others - don’t listen to grumpy old folks!!!!

Great spot, great fishing

If you want to get away, this is where you go. Secluded but still able to get into town for supplies. Beautiful area, lots of space on the lower ground, gorgeous views from the higher ground, and some damn good fishing. I didn’t take enough pictures when I was there. The upper landing is relatively small, my Dodge Ram fit with nothing being exposed on the road, but there was still plenty of camp able space begins my truck. Short but steep walk down to the river. I would be careful when the river is swollen, but otherwise it is gorgeous. My friends both caught a couple of channel cats. One enormous female catfish we released because she had eggs on board. Great. Definitely recommend it for a day or weekend trip. You have to haul all your supplies and trash in and out to include water.