The best BOAT IN camping near
Raleigh , NORTH CAROLINA

This Black Friday Try Pro Free for 6 Months

Most Recent Raleigh Camping Reviews
Beautiful park for RVs and tents

Hibernia park on Kerr Lake, Henderson, NC has plenty of RV spots overlooking the lake. Some spots give you a personal sand beach. Many shaded sites for RVs and tents. We stayed Sun-Tues for a short getaway. Most Thurs-Sun were booked. Campsites on the loop in area 2 are large with plenty of space between campers. No issues with the water and electric at our site. We did not use the dump station at the front of the park. Park is incredibly clean. Rangers drive through several times during the day and right before the gate closes for the evening. Due to COVID the bath house was closed. Beautiful lake views with wildlife all over. Thoroughly enjoyed our brief stay!

Nice, roomy, heavily wooded sites

Phenomenal experience

Beautiful, Convient, Serene with an amazing staff!

I have been at this camp ground for nearly two weeks. Every Ranger and employee I’ve interacted with has been amazingly professional and nice. The facilities are kept in pristine shape regarding cleanliness and upkeep. The campers have all been friendly and welcoming. If you’re looking for a close getaway in the Raleigh area, this is the place to go!!

Excellent

Great clean sites, marina, access to lake. Everything you need.

Great little spot outside the city!

Quiet, small lakeside campground

Stayed one night in site 002. which had hookups (water/ electric) but no lake view. Beautiful small campground, very quiet. Lakeside campsites didn't have electric but were beautiful, would be worth trying to book. I like lots of privacy, site 2 had a lot of privacy, site 1 probably had the most of any I saw. Very nice check-in person at the gate, very helpful.

Relaxing and Peaceful in Bullocksville

If you are looking for a campground that has a beach, boat launch and water views this is the camp ground for you. We stayed on campsite 39. The lots are gravel with a lantern pole and brick fire pit with ring. Our lot was shady and cool. Lots near the beach received a great deal of sun and wind. This was a clean well kept park and I would recommend.

Waterfront and large site

We had a great site, right on the lake. Could launch our kayaks, fish and swim right from our site! Was a great way to cool off and just enjoy the beautiful water. Our site (#41) was huge. Had plenty of room. Very private on one side, it does neighbor to another site openly but we were lucky that no one ever reserved it while we were there.😊 A lot of sites were large sites and somewhat wooded. Not a campground where it’s one on top of each other which is nice… especially with dogs! Water was close, bathrooms were a drive since small bathrooms are closed due to Covid. Can’t blame the park for that, but it was a huge VERY clean bathroom with nice hot showers. Not much grocery stores close so definitely bring all you can. Firewood sold at front but closed on weekdays. Found a gas station that sold it about 3 miles away. We will definitely return. Wrote down some good sites on loop with electric that are waterfront too. I.e. 20, 22, 28 incase you’re wanting electric. On our no electric loop 41, 44, 22, and 20 were nice sites on the water.

Site 65

Spent the last week of July, 2020 at this park. This was my first visit to the particular campground. The park was very quiet through the week be became pretty busy on the weekend. The bath house is very nice and is well maintained. 'Thank You' to the staff for a job well done. The site descriptions on the website could be updated to better reflect the site. Site 65, as well as others in the immediate area, are listed as "level" but that is far from reality. My biggest complaint is the location of the trash dumpsters is very close to the bath house and campsites in this loop and the smell was not pleasant. The campground should consider relocating them to a location further away from the campsites. The ca.pground has a nice hiking trail within the park and great access to the lake. I enjoyed the visit and will visit this campground more often in the future.