Mountain Home , NORTH CAROLINA

Most Recent Mountain Home Camping Reviews
Poor water pressure

Serene and Quiet Campground

To have found this place is one of the reasons I love this app so much. This campground is a GEM tucked away from the tourism hustle and bustle. Close enough to be convenient but more than half away for some peace and quiet and a beautifully dark sky full of stars.

The camp store is packed with everything you could need.

The staff is very friendly and made me feel welcome.

The creek/river that runs through is amazing with most campsites sitting along one of the two creeks.

I stayed two nights in a tent site and one night in their primitive cabin. I loved every minute of being there and would have stayed longer if it wasn’t booked up.

The one thing that was not my favorite is that a road runs through the campground so as a solo camper I prefer being a closed campground. But everyone was so nice there and after getting settled I did feel safe.

I will 100% return to this magical place that takes me back in time to how camping used to be.

Beautiful Dispersed Camping

Beautiful, large, private sites. You couldn’t see our site from the road, huge site, lots of woods surrounding for kids to play and explore, right beside a gorgeous large creek.

Beautiful Dispersed Camping

Cute, Friendly Campground

Love this family owned campground!! The sites weren't right on top of each other, but you can definitely see your neighbors with ease. The family that owns it lives on site. They have a pancake breakfast on the weekends, which was nice. They also have a store on site that has everything you didn't know you forgot!! Bathrooms were quite a walk from our site, so we drove to it when needed. The campground is pet friendly!! Dump station on site was convenient!

Beautiful Views

We spent an evening at Mile High Campground while traveling through the Blue Ridge Parkway and Smoky Mountain National Park. The campsite was great, right off the Parkway, beautiful sprawling views, and quite/private spaces.

Very Close to the Blue Ridge Parkway

Nice find within a mile of the BRP.  A narrow trail means privacy, be careful heading down to avoid the rocks in the way.  The only downfall is the closeness to the highway, which can be noisy until later when the traffic slows down.

Pretty & Pleasant

We stayed in Long Arm paddle-in area 2. Park staff was not very helpful at all when we first arrived, but despite the attitude and the terrible rainy weather, we found our site fairly easily. As other reviews here and elsewhere mention, the tent pads don’t drain well and huge puddles develop- some sites were completely overtaken by a full inch of water. Thankfully the rain stopped on our first night, but it could definitely ruin a trip. The privy was nice to have, but I could smell it at every campsite and that definitely bothered me. Overall a decent weekend, but my suspicions that I am just not a Lake Person were confirmed.

Pretty and convenient.

20 minutes from downtown Asheville, we got to enjoy the city a little bit while also camping. Campground and staff were great but campsites are extremely close together (we stayed at hard times loop), some of the RV sites at Big John Loop seem to have a bit more privacy, however those are completely paved and not suitable for tents. We have Verizon and usually get service everywhere even spotty locations but our phones hardly worked there and definitely no internet. We got lucky (due to the cold I think), the site next to us was empty until our last day. The showers kinda suck, it’s a few seconds of timed release, if you’re trying to get clean and wash your hair having to keep pushing a button every 30 seconds that the water goes out is pretty annoying, specially when it’s so cold. And the lack of pressure and position of the shower makes you have to almost lean on the wall.

Very nice location

The walk from parking Roth’s camp sites was easy and not far. The campsites are decent sizes and decent space between sites. Unfortunately it rained the entire time we camped otherwise would have been perfect. Will definitely come back to these sites again.