The best YURTS camping near
Hiddenite , NORTH CAROLINA

This Black Friday Try Pro Free for 6 Months

Most Recent Hiddenite Camping Reviews
Nice

Very nice setting. Beautiful camp spots in an open area on top of a mountain. Clean bath house. Great hiking trails. Friendly staff.

So many activities!

This was our second trip to Yogi Golden Valley but the first trip with our new camper. We had a wonderful weekend! My family rented a cabin on the creek. Golf carts are a must to get around since the campground is so big! The kids enjoyed the water park, putt putt, gem mining, fishing, crafts and tie dying shirts. There were several activities we didn’t get a chance to do this trip (kayak, laser tag and the playground). We will definitely be back! It’s within an hour drive for us and you can’t beat it!

Amazing

Awesome place! Been here a few times now. Has tons of activities for the kids. Fantastic pool with a pool side bar. Great cabins for rent with great views. Can be a little pricey but well worth it.

Great campground!

Very nice campground! Pretty place

Honeymoon Teepee

A great and friendly campground. Staff is constantly going out of their way to ensure your comfort. Sites are spacious and the view is breathtaking. The morning sun lights up the meadow which is the campground centerpiece. A small outdoor arena for music events is off to one side. A teepee is the center attraction. My wife and I stayed there for our honeymoon. Memories for a lifetime; literally as she passed shortly thereafter. A great campground, great staff, and a short drive to if needed. I’m looking forward to my next visit! Hope to see you there.

A magical gem of a campground!

This campground is magical. We were lucky enough to find it and stay here in June, 2019.

The tent site that we stayed in was really beautiful and had an amazing view of the mountains. The field that was in front of our site had beautiful wild flowers. We made lovely bouquets and even wore flowers in our hair! My favorite time of day here was evening when the sun was setting. We saw lots of bats and birds! The bathrooms were so very clean as well.  The gentleman that ran the campground were very kind and lovely and recommended a fun day on the river in Todd.  I’d like to go back in the future and stay in the teepee’s that they had. They looked really cool. They also had beautiful tree houses that I’d love to stay in one day!

The Best

I’ve stayed at Blue Bear twice and booked my third stay as I was leaving. Wonderful campground - you can’t beat any aspect of it.

The sites are well spaced so you don’t feel on top of other campers. Remote sites provide that extra sense of privacy.

The owners are so helpful and friendly. Providing wood and also have devices to haul your gear to certain remote sites.

Location is a great jumping point for tons of hiking and other activities. We went to Ashe County Park to play disc golf, and into Boone to walk around and look at shops.

Bathhouse is very clean and well kept. There is nothing negative to say about Blue Bear. It is our favorite site by far, and keeps us coming back.

Unique

Spacious campsites and a lot of different kinds to choose from! Field sites, wooded sites, large, small AND hike in remote sites! Clean, updated bathrooms. They deliver your firewood although I didn’t have to buy any because the previous campers left plenty!

Dog friendly with no mention of breed restrictions. I definitely will go again! All around professionally managed and friendly staff too!

Large campsites on a mountaintop

The people who own it are super friendly. The campsites are very spaced out. The elevation is high so weather is nice for those trying to escape the summer heat. Bathhouse was nice and clean. The hike to the pond was a little more strenuous than we anticipated but once you get there, there is a nice creek and we caught a trout in the pond right away. I wish there was a playground for the kids but overall it was very nice. Close to Boone. The state maintained gravel road used to access campground was narrow and would be difficult to get a large camper up there, although there were lots of large ones there. We would go back.

Clean & Quiet

The bath house at this campground is very nice and clean. They even have an outdoor sink on one side where you can clean your dishes. Our campsite was one of the furthest from the entrance though so it was a bit of a hike to the bath house. This campground is very quiet and only 15 minutes away from Boone, NC. There are lots of hiking trails to explore and they also have a campground store that sells firewood and charcoal. They do not allow bringing firewood into the campground, you must purchase it at the store.