Camping in Franklin

Recent Tents Reviews Near Franklin, North Carolina

361 Reviews of 72 Franklin, North Carolina Campgrounds

M. B.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Oct. 25, 2021

Wonderful but book ahead!

This is one of my favorite state parks in North carolina. We are from the Raleigh area so it is a good drive and it's in the area between the Foothills and the actual mountains.

You have to book this ahead of time. Unless you are like me and you are willing to refresh it six times a day and wait…

Claire O.
Reviewed Oct. 24, 2021

Friendly Family Campground!

Loved how nice everyone was at this campground! I usually tow my little pop-up alone so I am always grateful when someone helps me back in! They were so nice about letting us also have a tent on our site and didn’t give us any grief about extra cars or people. The bathhouse was always super clean…

SitePop-up site 8
Aniella V.
Reviewed Oct. 24, 2021

Perfect place for first campers

Easy access, Great location very close to the restrooms which are impecable.

SiteBoy Scouts site.
Joe F.
Reviewed Oct. 22, 2021

Lake and a forest

If you want to get away this is a great place.Walking trails,trails for off road vehicles also.Fishing opportunities are abundant.The park can get full on weekends but through the week it's pretty empty.Bathrooms clean and sites are paved and fairly spacious.

Month of VisitApril
Kevin & Amy A.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Oct. 22, 2021

Convenient Location

We spent the last few days at the Carowinds Camp Wilderness campground in Site 70 with full hook-ups.  Sites were clean, level, and reasonably spaced.  The campground is very conveniently located in South Charlotte and it was great to back to this area and catch up with friends and family.

M
Reviewed Oct. 16, 2021

Great Campground

Great amenities, sites and activities. 2 pools and hot tub. Game room, store and grill. Spacious and level sites. Hiking trails and lake with small beach for swimming and fishing. Pet + horse friendly. Neatly kept. Kind and helpful host.

SiteC101
Stephen R.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Oct. 15, 2021

Just one night

Well not much here , no office or bathrooms. Water and electric and a dump station. Friendly owners and very close to Charlotte motor speedway.

Richard C.
Reviewed Oct. 15, 2021

Went on a Tuesday

Decided to get out of town for the night and tossed a dart at the board. Landed here and it was exactly what I needed. The owner of the property greeted me, drove me to my site (which had one of the best views of the mountain of any park around…right from my campsite), help me solve a dog leash…

• Gordon
SiteFirst row, mountain view
Andre M.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Oct. 10, 2021

Going home

A little noise but great service and amenities. The perfect place if you have animals.

• Camp Cannonball
SiteRV
Rick J.
Reviewed Oct. 7, 2021

Carowinds

Carowinds Camp Wilderness is a nice convenient campground easily accessible from I95. It's a perfect spot for stopping at on your way through, as we've done, plus you can ride all the roller coasters at Carowinds right next door! Full hookups and we stayed on a concrete pad.

Grayson C.
Reviewed Oct. 6, 2021

Great amenities

Great place. Reasonable price for all the amenities! Clean, hot water showers!

Awesome hiking trails and lake access!

Grayson C.
Reviewed Oct. 6, 2021

Amazing amenities

Great place. Reasonable price for all the amenities! Clean, hot water showers!

Awesome hiking trails and lake access!

Bianca R.
Reviewed Sep. 27, 2021

Serene and Clean

First time camping with my family . We had a tent with electric and water ( only $10 more ) . So worth it because we can use our heater and anything else we needed eletric or without having to lug around the generator . Bathrooms were very clean and everyone was so friendly. Great experience!

• campsite
  • fishing
Sitea42
Month of VisitOctober
CThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 20, 2021

Great Stopover

Very well maintained, spacious campsites. Extremely friendly and helpful staff. Not much to do in surrounding areas.

DThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 19, 2021

Small Slice of NC Heaven

Eden Oaks is a wonderful respite from the busy campgrounds where everyone is stacked on each other. Roy & Sandra run a small campground with amenities that make you feel at home. Each site has electric and water. Although there isn't a dump site, there are several near by. But they do have…

Month of VisitOctober