the dyrt
About Lewey Lake - DEC
Lewey Lake - DEC is located in New York
10 Reviews of Lewey Lake - DEC
Great place to do many things from

Great camp ground close to everything.. Hiking trails, biking trails and lakes to kayak on.. clean and being remodeled

Quiet lakefront sites

There is a little road noise but the lakefront sites are fantastic!

Beautiful setting on two lakes

The campground is broken up into a few sections with a main road cutting through it. Pick your section wisely! The beach is wonderful for kids but many sites have fantastic water access. The campground and it’s facilites are in good shape, bath houses are new and have the dishwashing station.

Lewey Lake

Very relaxing when we camp there. Caretakers are wonderful.

Lewey Lake 6/18/17

Quiet campground with large beach, decent sized sites on both Lewey Lake and Indian Lake

Bring a kayak!

Tons of opportunity here for private island camping or exploration! Bring a kayak and float out to one of the many small islands for a private night of camping or just a little bit of day time exploring that others won't have access to! It's a choose your own adventure campground!

Gorgeous lake and great hikes!

Lewey Lake was such a great experience, I really can't wait to go back! Going to school in New York brings a lot of busyness because of the city, but it's always nice to escape on the weekends and go camping. I love doing my studying and homework in the outdoors, so funding good campsites are my favorite thing to do. I love doing research beforehand to find the best place to go. I like going places that have water and great hiking. This campground has both! The campground is located in the Adirondack Park and it is located on a lake- my favorite part! The lake is gorgeous and you can do a lot of different water activities. I brought my kayak and my friend brought her stand up paddle board. We spent all day on Saturday on the water soaking up the sun. We went in early July so the weather was perfect. We did go during the 4th of July weekend so it was pretty busy. You can also go boating on the lake, I believe there is a boat launch. I saw people fishing, and talked with someone who said they caught some lake trout! The following day we went hiking, and it was beautiful. We did the Sucker Brook Trail, and luckily we went early enough to beat the crowds. However, on the way down it was super busy! If you are doing this hike I would advise starting early so it's not so busy. The park also offers other great amenities like picnic tables and the best part is they have showers! These came in handy for us after we got done hiking! The restrooms and showers were very clean, which we appreciated. I can't wait to take another break from school and come here! I definitely will invite more of my friends next time!

Lewey Lake

Went here with family years ago, came back a relived good times.

one of the best in NY

this campground has everything you could want. the campsites on the water are amazing

Great spot for water junkies

Lewey Lake is gorgeous and the sites are wonderful! Seems from walking around that majority of sites are on the shore, although there are some inland. Regardless of your location, the lake is awesome! great swimming, lots of opportunity for fun and activities, and great hiking opportunities too.