The best BOAT IN camping near
Borup , MINNESOTA

Most Recent Borup Camping Reviews
Not the best

First off there really aren't very many spots for a camper and from what I've seen for such a nice and semi large park and at least half of the are on a steep incline.

Great mini trip

Clean, lots of paved trails, easy access to kayak, only thing missing is a place to swim!

It’s like sleeping under a highway.

Lindenwood is a pretty park but you are right off of 94 and the bridge that crosses the Red River from Minnesota to North Dakota. All we heard were cars and trucks all night long. Hardly slept. But it is a nice park to visit during the day.

Nice campground, great for families

2 great playgrounds nearby for the kiddos. We were on site B9 and it was spacious. However the road noise from the freeway was pretty loud.

Urban camping

Camped here due to my son having a swim meet in Fargo and we were going to tack on camping in Glacier National Park after this. So decided to camp in Fargo. This camp is in a public park next to the river. The park is big and appears to be well utilized by the public. We stayed in the B loop which is by the river. The A loop is basically a parking lot next to the bath house, and it seems like there was very little room between campers/ really packed them in there- would suffice for a night passing through. The B loop sites were also small with little room between neighbors and nothing in between sites, no trees. On the weekend there were people cutting through our site to fish the river which made us a bit nervous since we had our two kids with us and also worried about theft. There was significant noise from the nearby interstate (trucks, cars, and frequent sirens from police) and bright lights shining which made it hard for us to sleep.

The bathrooms and showers were adequate and fairly clean. Saw the occasional local homeless person come utilize the facility which also made us nervous. Nothing ever happened but could be safety issue with children.

There was rental bikes and canoes which was fun for the kids, as well as fishing- only caught one catfish but was fun anyway. There was firewood for sale and snacks available for purchase if needed.

Cost was a bit steep at $30 - we use a tent. Most people were in campers. Each site had water and electric though which was convenient. Not high in our list to return to but met our needs and we had a good time overall.

some lots are better than others

Let me start off by saying, this is a picturesque park and campground located in the heart of Fargo with plenty of trails and paths to go around! we were in the A lot. our spot was pretty spacious, but a lot of the spots in this area were pretty tight. the other downside was the proximity to the interstate. this made for a pretty noticeable drone of vehicles. Would recommend staying in the B lot, spots are spaced apart more, facing the river, and are further away from the Interstate. will definitely be back, just in a different part of the campground.

Not exactly accommodating

The phone system relies on a return call. They did return the call but I was on the road and missed it. I called back (remember, it's a system, not a person) and told them we were on our way. They did call back and say they had room for us and the site would be there. I called again, with my name and number, and said we were close and would be there. When we arrived the woman didn't recognize my name and dismissively said they were full. She was adamant about us not having a paid reservation. She had not received the message that we were coming in. We ended up driving another four hours (on top of the eight we had already driven) to find another campground that could accommodate us. The park looked nice enough but, based on the non-caring attitude, we will not return to stay.

Very quiet, off the trail with a pretty view

Flooded woods campsite is a bit off the trail (the North Country Trail in MN), which is nice, but very well marked by a wooden sign with it's name carved in it. A 30 yard walk perhaps. Some sites are right on the trail. This one is not, and it keeps it a bit more private. It was only about a mile and a half from a parking area, so easy walk if you wanted a quick overnight from reality.

There is a lovely view of the "water", but this time of year, when we were there, it was more swampy. Still a very pretty view though. A lot of dead tress gave it an interesting look. The campsite itself has a fire ring, tent pad and trees for hammocks. There was a latrine too, but nothing to write home about.

Someone had put a chair near the fire. Not quite sure what that was all about, but I guess if you needed an extra seat, then you had one! There was also a log bench, as is common at these sites.

Ranger Review of Coldpruf Quest Performance base layers at 400th Ave Camp on the NCT in MN

A glorious little site nested in the trees. So close to the parking area it's a breeze to get to, yet far enough away you'd never guess you were near your car (except for very occasional road noise). Great place to camp with kiddos to get them used to the woods! And a perfect spot to try out my Coldpruf Quest Performance base layers!

Campsite Review:

My husband and I are lucky enough to live easy driving distance from one of the longest (yet little talked about) hiking trails in the country. The North Country Trail (NCT) runs from North Dakota to New York and all the states in between. It spans Minnesota, not far from our home, and so we love to take overnights and day trips to the trail, sometimes with the pooches!

This campsite doesn't really have an official name, but it's literally only about 100 yards, if that, from the parking area at the 400th Ave trailhead in the Laurentian Chapter. Close enough that you can leave non essentials in the car and run back for them if you need to. You could even haul your food back to the car instead of hanging it if you wanted to. Great little stop for thru hikers or section hikers, yet perfect for a quick overnight with the kids, if they were itching to camp somewhere other than your back yard.

It has a great little fire ring with a grate that swings out of the way. A tent pad that's sort of wonky, but you can find a bit of a flat spot if you move closer to the fire. A two sided latrine is just down the path and there is a great big beautiful bench! It looks very new, and it's carved (whittled?) out of a large log of some sort. Solid and gorgeous! There's a little road noise, but not much because it's a logging road, not a highway.

I highly recommend this spot to families and hikers alike!

Gear Review:

Since I'm a Ranger, I get the awesome opportunity to review gear from time to time. In exchange for the gear, I give an honest review of the product. This time around, I had the super pleasure of trying out base layers by Coldpruf. I was donning the Quest Performance tops and bottoms for women. Wow…totally impressed!

There are several tops in this line (The Quest Performance line), and I had the mock zip. I also had the bottoms that match. They make base layers for men and women.

Here are the reasons that I think this set rocks:

1. The fabric is unlike any I've seen. It's super stretchy, so it fits. Everywhere. Even though my arms are shorter, they didn't "slide" down. They stayed where I wanted them to stay.
  2. The thumbholes at the wrist don't cut into your skin. They are big enough to fit the thumb through without cutting off your circulation. Major bonus!
  3. The cuff comes much further down your hand than most tops that have thumbholes. Another bonus! Keeps more of your hand warm.
  4. The zip is at the neck, but your skin is protected from it by a little flap of fabric (at the top edge) that keeps it from rubbing your skin. Your chin will thank you!
  5. The top is longer in back than front, and even longer than most tops I've seen. It covers your tooshie! HUGE bonus in Minnesota!
  6. The bottoms are like running pants, but better. Not too tight, but just tight enough. Easy to pull up and down and fit like a dream under your pants! I hiked 15 miles and couldn't tell I had them on.

*Note: please refer to the sizing chart when ordering. You might want to "size up" on the tops, as they are "very fitted". I originally started with a small (which I normally wear), but it was too tight for my liking. The medium was a bit looser, without being too loose, and I felt much better in it.

While not a complaint, but just a sidenote, if you are short, the pants will be a bit long, but just like the top, they didn't feel strange. I just pulled my socks up over them and they were golden!

Also…they make GREAT jammies!

I really can't think of anything I didn't like about them. In fact, when I had to exchange the sizes, customer service answered my email VERY promptly and I had new sizes in the mail within days. Thank you Emily!

Bottom line, if you live in sub zero temperatures, enjoy living in an igloo, or just generally like traveling to cold places, you really should give Coldpruf a try. Totally worth the money!

Nice!

The campground is very nice with all facilities either new or extremely clean and well kept. Overall, I was thrilled with the campground but I honestly didn't care for the Fargo area. There was always a strong smell of sulfur in the air and very little to do. The Roosevelt National Park is a few hours drive away if you are in the area and need some good outdoor entertainment.