The best STANDARD (TENT/RV) camping near
Exeter Center , MAINE

Camping Maine Exeter Center Standard (Tent/RV)

Most Recent Exeter Center Camping Reviews
Owned by logging companies

The good - If you can get a site on the water, the views are outstanding! The most scenic site we had on our trip to Maine. My husband had a Maine fishing license & fished from out site. They have clean showers & flush toilets by the office.

This campground is 20 miles from Gulf Hagas & 50 miles from Baxter State Park.

The bad - no electricity or water at the sites. The road to get to the campground is gravel. We drove slowly as there were some ruts. They charge a day use fee of $10 per day.

The odd - when we checked in we found out they didn't take credit cards. This was not mentioned when I called for the reservation. We scrounged up the cash…barely.

Here's the thing. I got the strong impression we weren't wanted. We were from out of state. I felt the money thing was a way to screw with us. Our site neighbors came right out & asked us how we found out about this place. I said it was on the web site. I called & made a reservation. They didn't seem happy about that.

When we left, a worker asked if we had a good time. He didn't ask in a nice way. I got this feeling a lot in Maine. The locals were happy to take your money, but glad to see you go.

The way life should be

LILY BAY is amazing

State Park rates and a great jumping off point for day trips to Baxter / Katadin/ Kineo/ prong pond .etc etc

We love this park and my family has visited there since ot opened .

Yes , that many years

Even though we have access to family camp nearby . we still love tenting there.

So many beautiful places to experience

B52 crash site at Elephant Mountain

Golf

Boating

Fossil Pits

Great place for kids

Cant wait to go back

Our 1st KOA

Loved this campground! Loved the staff! Great 1st KOA experience. Tons of stuff to do- great playground, tractor rides. Store was well stocked. Had an awesome time, met lots of awesome people!

Quick Trip

I’ll preface this by saying that we got in after dark and left by 10am so this review is limited. First, while being very nice the front desk worker was not very helpful in helping us understand the layout and our best choice for tent camping that night. She was just not very communicative. After some prodding questions that felt like I was pulling teeth, we chose site 1 which was by the beach and the only tent site in that area of the campground. It was mid Sept on a particularly windy and unseasonably cold night. The wind was coming right off the lake which made it particularly hard to set up. Blocking the wind with our car was our only choice. After we got settled in, a nice fire and a little bourbon made it all worthwhile. While not very private because we were right next to an RV (all the RVs were lined up on the waterfront with little space between), it was still quite a lakefront spot. The site included a picnic table, a fire ring and a charcoal grill. Buckets of well seasoned wood were available at the camp store right next to us. It had a nice porch to sit on for the morning sun but unfortunately, that looked the opposite way from the lake toward the dense central campground. The camp store had a nice indoor dining area with views toward the lake that I believe was also closed for the season. All in all, I would recommend this if you’re not very concerned with privacy and want a beautiful lake to camp by.

Foliage paradise

The campsite has a nice pond attached, it also has apartments with bathrooms as well as small cottages with out bathrooms. It is a full service RV campsite so that is always convenient. We went at the end of September to visit Acadia National Park and the foliage was Beautiful! It wasn't even at it's peak. The campsite is surrounded by beautiful trees.

Phenomenal Fall Conditions

Amazing clear water lake. 3 to 1 moose to human ratio, and abundant nearly tame birds and furry creatures. Haunting loon calls in the evening. Simple yet well maintained sites and facilities with responsive staff and relaxed, respectful neighbor campers. Sweet kayaking.

A little loud.

If you want to ride ATV trails, fish and swim in the Kennebec River, ride mountain bikes on the Kennebec rail trail this is a great place to stay. The down side is the truck traffic on the nearby roads. The campground is near an intersection so logging trucks slow and accelerate nearby starting early in the morning.

Relaxation-station!

What a beautiful campground with such unique charm. We stayed for a week and absolutely loved it. The atmosphere is the epitome of laidback and the scenery was breathtaking. We’ll definitely be back!

Close to the great north woods

This campground is a decent place for a home base while exploring the region.

So much fun for the kids

Been here 3-4 times and have had an amazing time watch the kids. Great little fishing ponds, cabins and a Treehouse! Fun swimming pool and sooo many kid’s activities.