Rock Fork , KENTUCKY

Most Recent Rock Fork Camping Reviews
Lago Linda is mediocre.

Limited Wifi, only 2 bathrooms, RV camping is not so great in that campsite are close to the road. Tent camping looks much more pleasant down by a lake.

Amazing area

We stayed at one of the walk in sites and loved it. We felt like we had the forest to ourselves. Beautiful area with amazing hiking. The

Great for all skill levels!

This was my first time at this spot and I will definitely be coming back! I was wary because of the price but it exceeded my expectations. Very easy to find and the staff were very helpful. I slept in a truck tent and when it started to snow they offered to move me to a warmer spot just in case. Spots were very roomy (I stayed in Piney Oaks #9).

The trail around the lake was very nice, short but hilly so a good morning walk. It rained the first evening which led to some pretty little waterfalls the next day. A quiet campground with plenty of amenities. The bathrooms were heated which was a nice touch since it snowed the other two days I was there. Everyone I saw were very friendly (as were their pets).

I went during late March and will definitely go again when it’s warmer to enjoy swimming in the lake!

Amazing home base camping!

The campsites are great and spaced out nice! Most sites have small pea gravel and are very clean. Bath house is open but no showers are at of March. Three great trails that you can do right from the campgrounds. Miles more within a few minutes drive

Beautiful Setting

I camp here annually with my cousin. It’s a great campground if you don’t mind being in a more crowded setting. Aka less remote! Opt for the campgrounds towards the back for a little more privacy and immediate access to the nearby creek. Granted walking to the restroom is a little further. Fills up relatively quickly so would recommend booking in advance during peak seasons. Also be sure to bring your own wood or purchase from local homeowners. No picking up allowed.

Still our favorite campground

Always clean sites well spaced out.

Lots of space

One of my favorite Ky state campgrounds. Plenty of space between campsites. Just wish they had sewer hookups…

Pipes froze over, no running water

Camped for a few days in late March for a climbing trip (no fires at Miguels). It snowed the pipes froze over so none of the facilities were working. I'm sure it's super nice in the summer.

nice and primitive

This was a nice, quiet and primitive campground. The sites were nice and spread out. The bathrooms were clean. I would definitely return to hike some of the trails.

Hanson’s Point

Hanson’s point at the red river gorge is often called the best view of the Gorge. To get to Hanson’s point you’ll have to earn it by hiking for about 2.5 miles, but trust me when I say it’s worth it. The campsites at Hanson’s Point are primitive campsites, so make sure you bring EVERYTHING you need for your stay. Here are the coordinates to the parking lot. Type in the coordinates into your GPS and it will take you right to it!

37.80528, -83.65528

To easily stay on the trial, I recommend downloading the AllTrails apps. Enjoy!