Princeton, KENTUCKY

Most Recent Princeton Camping Reviews
Small sites

We have a 29 foot camper: the sites and roads are snug for it. At site 6 it goes downhill so it is difficult to get your camper level. Water available at dump station but not consumable. The area is very beautiful and quiet. Perfect for those with smaller campers. Electric available at site.

AMAZING Site on the water

Incredible back country campsite, for use with dispersed camping permit. Right on the water, no other people for 2 days! This is a car camping site however you will need a four-wheel drive vehicle to get down the steep gravel road to the dispersed camping area. Highly recommend. No hookups available, primitive tent only.

Amazing Primitive Camping

Doesn’t get much better for dispersed/primitive camping. I stayed just south of boat ramp at a spot just off the road. Clean camping area with a fire pit. The lake is beautiful, clean, and very fish friendly. It was quite and secluded. I can’t wait to go back. The entire land between the lakes area is amazing. I’d bring some wood, everything there seemed permanently damp

Clean and Rustic

The best part of this campground is the beautiful rustic old timey feel. There are updated modern bathhouses dispersed throughout. The camp store is well stocked. There is a very nice boat ramp and several boat parking areas. “T” area is our favorite with full hookups and beautiful pine trees. A premier and amazing mountain bike trail system is accessible directly from campground!! The Canal Loop Trail and North South Trails are well known and revered by area mountain bikers and hikers. No WiFi or internet service. Cell signal in prior years have been spotty. Very family friendly and lots of kids riding bikes and playing everywhere!

First time here!

It's a tight fit and our rig is only 22.5' TT. Our back in site was to the left on a one way road that I had to turn around and go opposite way so we could get in. Had water and electrical hook up but the 30 amp was fried. Luckily it also had 20 amp so power management was key. There was no water when we pulled in luckily I had fill my fresh water before leaving. Water came back on about 1 hour after arriving, water pressure was very low. Grounds are next to the highway so we heard a lot of loud traffic. Staff was friendly, they did come look at my electric hook up but didn't have the parts to repair it. There is a dump station onsite. If I go back I'll pick a different spot in the park that's not difficult to get in. I would stay again though. I was told by staff there are future improvements coming.

Beautiful and quiet

Eureka campground is a small, beautiful campground with wonderful waterfront sites! The camp hosts were extremely nice and very accommodating! It is beautifully wooded and filled with wildlife yet conveniently located near stores and restaurants. We were there in late June and the fireflies lit up the woods like twinkling Christmas lights, it was magical!

Great for tent camping

I enjoy this campground, and the sites are nice & private, but a bit small.  The electric is iffy, but the sites are mostly shaded. There is a trail system so there is lots of hiking available here. You can also hop over to the Pounds Hollow rec area for a swim/paddle.

We LOVE this campground!

Lake Glendale is a true southern Illinois gem. They have recently improved the shower houses, the kids love the playground, and there is SO much shade! The campsites are pretty private and some of them are nice and large. There is a ton of hiking nearby, and we visited the Chocolate factory as well, which was a real treat.

Pharaoh Campground provides easy access to view Camel Rock

I really like this little campground. The sites area  bit close together, and popups are probably the only camper that can fit comfortably. This campground is very close to the Observation Trail where you can view Camel Rock. There is no electricity at this campground, and sometimes people bring very loud generators, and there isn't much that can be done about that. But it's usually pretty busy with tent-campers. This is one of the locations on the Forest that fills up more often than other campgrounds, especially on holiday weekends.

This is a nice quiet campground!

I love this campground. It's super quiet despite the gravel road nearby. The vault restroom is kept very clean. It has easy access to the River to River trail, and I love the CCC stonework. While we were there, a small pack of 3 local dogs wandered through the campground which was a bit concerning at first, but they were all friendly, so no issues there.