The best GROUP camping near
Bassett , KANSAS

Most Recent Bassett Camping Reviews
Quiet camping

Stayed here Father’s Day weekend in 2018.

Such a beautiful place to stay

We go here every year with family, The little trails from the campsites to the lake are amazing! There are little sand bars along the way to get into the water. There are trees at every campsite. Most campsites are nestled into the trees from the road making a beautiful Escape! The showers are very nice and they are free. Bathrooms are kept very nice as well!

Quiet and Peaceful

Small private lake community. Access to several lakes for boating swimming and fishing. Also has a golf course and swimming pool. Come in the fall when the trees are beautiful.

Wonderful lake escape

I love camping here close to everything but yet secluded. Great Lake for water sports, plenty of privacy and always clean and well taken care of. Spot 33 is my favorite it’s hard to get so obviously it’s others as well.

Nice fall camping

We had a nice weekend stay at this lake. We booked site #210, and were happy with the amenities. Fire ring with built in grill worked well. Luckily the lake wasn’t crowded, so we had lots of space to ourselves. Lake staff were pleasant Nice views of the lake, but not very good shore access from where we were at. However at the end of the campsite was a nice fishing dock. The took a short hike and the trail was well maintained. All in all, we found it to be a nice stay and fairly close to home.

Awesome place

Awesome campground,

Quiet get away

Another great place in Kansas. We managed to book this place on the start of Labor Day Weekend because of a last minute cancellation and we were extremely lucky to get this place last minute. Overall everything was great EXCEPT the swim access on arrow rock. Most of the shoreline is jagged rock and without water shoes or crocs it’s not worth it. Water isn’t too bad but it is still pretty murky.

Key highlights

Best RV spot is #25 - extremely shady Boat ramps are barely busy Great playground for kids Bathrooms/showers very clean Spacious lots

Well done Kansas. Well done indeed

Wonderful park. Great overall experience. I loved it. Plenty to do with a great playground for the kids, kids fishing pond, basketball and volleyball courts, and even an archery range. Fantastic hiking along the lake bluff will be sure to wear out your legs! All RV sites are water and electric and most are pull through. It's the most level site I have ever had. The only thing that was weird is that when you check in you have to pay an additional $5.00 per day for your vehicle. It was probably in the fine print when I booked the reservation. I went ahead and paid the extra $10 or $15 to just get the year state parks pass, as we plan to camp in KS more this fall. You may have out done yourself KS.

Cherryvale Park COE

October 1-5, 2019. Love this park. Site 8 had electric, water and sewer. Park had dump station, OK showers and flush toilets, Verizon 4G 2 bars. Elevation 906 ft. Most sewer sites were to high to use. Paid $11 with Sr. Lifetime pass. See RV Camping Journal for details.

Lovely

The lake was so beautiful. The park was a little too crowded for my liking on the weekend but I would love to spend a week out there.