The best EQUESTRIAN camping near
Elk River , IDAHO

Most Recent Elk River Camping Reviews
Lots of amenities

This reservoir camping area has many amenities which make it nice. Great docks on the water, swimming, fishing, bathrooms, trash cans, and even a fish cleaning station. I like how the RV sites have water and electricity unlike most campgrounds in the area. This campground is located conveniently near Troy, and is about a 25 minute drive to Moscow. There is also a large Pavilion which is perfect for a large get together.

Beautiful Views with Cramped Spots

Don’t get me wrong, this place was great for one night but the lack of privacy and tent spots right on top of each other is not going to make you feel like you’ve escaped to the wilderness.

Typical fire pits. Nice bathrooms and showers Firewood for sale on site Nice little hiking trail

Nice depending on when you go

This can be a nice place depending on how busily you catch it. The water is clean and nice through most of the summer, but towards mid-August the trash can pile up a bit. The hike is nice and there are good ammenities (trash collection, picnic table, shelters). Decent bird watching here. I always see a Great Blue Heron and often eagles as well!

Windy and crowded (but there’s fishing!)

Not particularly fond of this overrun spot. Great for families with littles. Sites are on top of each other apart from a few scattered around the res. Wind kicks up so high it’s hard to make a campfire last

Fun place

Good place for fishing and day picnic.

Fun place

I love to come here on a day trip when I need to relax outdoors

Beautiful views

I loved this spot right on the edge overlooking the lake! There were lots of trees for hanging our hammock and our spot was large enough for our 2 tents and several dogs 🐕.

Palouse get away

Easy Night get away. Fun places to go hammocking.

Great place to enjoy the water!

Great place to swim, kayak, bike, and go bird watching. There are usually other visitors (especially boats on the water) but it never gets too hectic! Nice place to hang out.

Fun!

We had an amazing time here. Had a great time hiking and walking along the lake. I just wish the weather was better!