The best RV SITES camping near
Elk River , IDAHO

Most Recent Elk River Camping Reviews
Great for RVs and Day use

I visited but did not stay here because I could not hang my hammock at the sites.

Overall I found the area to be nice, especially the day use areas. I would plan a bbq here in the future and plan to return if they are still open when I’m done with my backpacking years. It looked very accommodating for people who don’t get around so well.

Great dispersed camping areas

My favorite price for a camp site is free. After buying all my camping gear (including winter gear) I have preferred to get out and rough it.

There’s a doc on a small pond that’s great for fishing or drinking a few in some camping chairs.

This place is open in the winter. I want to come back and have my try at ice fishing but I’m waiting to buy a nice pair of snow shoes to be able to get in during mid-winter.

Not surrounded by the city dwellers.

This is a bit from Orofino but it’s far enough away to where you really feel like your out there in nature.

We come to this area every summer around the time of logging sport competitions, and we opted to stay here after a few years of staying closer to town with a not so great camping experience.

They had fire circles, and restrooms as well as tables. There’s a nice little creek nearby which really makes this spot a cute and comfy area for a campground.

Good area to hang out for a few hours.

We checked this area while scouting spots for our logging sports team.

There were very few tent site cams but a lot of RV areas.

When we scouted it out, it was totally full. Because there’s so few spots for what we wanted we decided our chances of getting a spot elsewhere on the first show was more likely.

Great for day use

I came here to hang out during a logging sports event and I really enjoyed the doc area where I sat with my feet in the water. We did not swim (except my dog), but we enjoyed the landscape and the lush green grass they were growing.

I do want to camp in this park but we were camping at another location with the logger sports team.

A very nice area

This spot is killer! A tad pricey but it’s really oriented towards RV camping so it’s not that surprising.

BBQ, Firepit, Benches, and Space!

Not a formal RV site but has space to fully set up with anything you have.

This is not a free spot, and closes earlier in the fall season.

It costs extra for extra spaces. Dirt roads leading up to the sites.

We managed to find a lot of blackberries. There’s no trash areas so you need to pack out everything you pack in which always disappoints me when I’m paying fees.

Great for motorized veichles

I don’t do a lot of Atv ect. so I did not like all the loud motors that much but a lot of people apparently like this area for that. I hiked a ways and did some practice shooting, and it seemed like it would not bother people to have noise in the distant background.

I ended up not staying the night at this campground and opted to explore the forest nearby which was away from people enjoying the riding areas.

CLOSED

Don’t come here, we got this spot mixed up with another park with the same name in a different state and thought maybe it was open.

There was no way to access the park. It must be an old listing.

Right in the side of the road with no cover.

This spot would be perfect for stoping for a single night in long road trips.

While there is a place to have fire and wood that is provided on the site.

There are a lot of attractions nearby that may make it ideal to stay here even though you will have traffic nearby and zero cover.

The terrain is gravel and grass making it better than others where there’s a place you can kick off your shoes and feel the grass between your toes.