Elk River , IDAHO

Camping Idaho Elk River

Most Recent Elk River Camping Reviews
Great for RVs and Day use

I visited but did not stay here because I could not hang my hammock at the sites.

Overall I found the area to be nice, especially the day use areas. I would plan a bbq here in the future and plan to return if they are still open when I’m done with my backpacking years. It looked very accommodating for people who don’t get around so well.

Great dispersed camping areas

My favorite price for a camp site is free. After buying all my camping gear (including winter gear) I have preferred to get out and rough it.

There’s a doc on a small pond that’s great for fishing or drinking a few in some camping chairs.

This place is open in the winter. I want to come back and have my try at ice fishing but I’m waiting to buy a nice pair of snow shoes to be able to get in during mid-winter.

Not surrounded by the city dwellers.

This is a bit from Orofino but it’s far enough away to where you really feel like your out there in nature.

We come to this area every summer around the time of logging sport competitions, and we opted to stay here after a few years of staying closer to town with a not so great camping experience.

They had fire circles, and restrooms as well as tables. There’s a nice little creek nearby which really makes this spot a cute and comfy area for a campground.

Good area to hang out for a few hours.

We checked this area while scouting spots for our logging sports team.

There were very few tent site cams but a lot of RV areas.

When we scouted it out, it was totally full. Because there’s so few spots for what we wanted we decided our chances of getting a spot elsewhere on the first show was more likely.

Great for day use

I came here to hang out during a logging sports event and I really enjoyed the doc area where I sat with my feet in the water. We did not swim (except my dog), but we enjoyed the landscape and the lush green grass they were growing.

I do want to camp in this park but we were camping at another location with the logger sports team.

A very nice area

This spot is killer! A tad pricey but it’s really oriented towards RV camping so it’s not that surprising.

Handicap accessible

Sometimes it’s hard to find sites where you can have a person in a wheelchair move around okay. These sites are good for that according to my cousin who has camped with out family in this area.

There is a lot of gravel on the roads though so it’s not as nice as having paved areas but we camped close to the restroom and managed (he’s young and did not mind a slight struggle).

My family’s site had a lot of packed soil making most of the traveling simple as we only stayed on the site for one night ti watch the stars.

Looked for this additions camping and did not find it

We explored this area and did not find the second Big Creek campground even though we looked for both listings.

I’m not sure which is which but we only found one. Not sure if I just missed it or I’d we had bad directions.

BBQ, Firepit, Benches, and Space!

Not a formal RV site but has space to fully set up with anything you have.

This is not a free spot, and closes earlier in the fall season.

It costs extra for extra spaces. Dirt roads leading up to the sites.

We managed to find a lot of blackberries. There’s no trash areas so you need to pack out everything you pack in which always disappoints me when I’m paying fees.

Cabins and RV sites!

Great place for older campers and our door enthusiasts.

There are cabins that are closely nestled next to a shallow and clear river. We checked this place out on a week long exploration of the area, but decided it was not backcountry enough for our liking.

I plan to do a lot more RV, and other motorized activities when I get older and less sturdy. I plan to stay at this place when my golden years finally arrive, but in the meantime we moved on to explore the trailhead locations and dispersed areas to get time under the stars.

There’s tons of wildlife and beautiful drives and walks to be experienced here .