The best EQUESTRIAN camping near

LIMITED TIME OFFER Try Pro Free for 3 Months

• Orange Sun

Get 3 Months Free
Most Recent Rains Landing Camping Reviews
Quiet Campground on a beautiful island.

We had such a great experience! This campground is tucked away at the end of the island. We took a beautiful walk to the fishing pier and then out to the driftwood beach which was just incredible. A golf cart or bikes are a must if you want to visit the areas many restaurants, parks, natural, and historical sites. They do have adult bikes for rent and a great little store for those easily forgotten items. The site was well maintained when we arrived, everyone (and their pups) were friendly, and the bathrooms were warm and clean.

Island Oasis

There is an extra fee/toll to get out to the island to be aware of. Well worth it! Just a stunning place overall. Spanish moss covered the trees over roads. It was like a movie. Driftwood beach is walking distance and a must see!

Bring your bikes!

We had planned to come to Jekyll Island but did not realize how packed the campground would be. They managed to find us a spot but wanted a two night minimum because it was the weekend. Spots were a bit on top of eachother, but once we got out for the campground to explore the island we fell in love!
So many bike trails all around the island! We rode all the way into town and back, stopping at the market and riding over to the historic district was super neat! Also if you make it there in the winter they have an amazing light show set up under the oak trees which we just stumbled upon, jaw dropping! Jekyll island is highly recommended, the campground is OK if you don’t mind being on top of eachother… we like our space 😅

Surrounded by nature

Lots of trees everywhere. They tuck the sites among the trees. Staff was very helpful at check in, lead us right to our spot. Walking distance to pier and Driftwood Beach. They rent bikes. You really need a car or bike to explore the island.

Breathtaking too close to each other

I love camping growing up and I loves going to the beach so I was very excited to come to Jekyll Island but I’m really disappointed let me tell you God did his handiwork here this place is absolutely breathtaking and we got lucky we’re tent camper so we’re in a corner in the back of us is nothing but words which is amazing for us but the campground itself there’s one campsite on top of another and there’s too many people with no space and I heard they’re just building more instead of spreading people out I think at one time this could’ve been a very incredible place if you’re looking for privacy and one with nature this is not it! If you don’t mind your friendly neighbor at a campground and this is the place for you I can’t say it’s not a beautiful place when I’m camping I want to be alone

Full-hookups, great scenery, super buggy - even in December!

We spent a week here and enjoyed it quite a lot. We went in December so there were lots of long-term campers. Most everyone was very friendly. The longterm campsites had signs of the state where they were from, which I found to be a nice touch. Nearly all of them were decked out with holiday lights and decorations which made for a joyful walk at night.

The sites were fairly close together, but not so much so that you felt like you were sitting on top of one another. Lots of Spanish moss-draped live oak trees and palm frond plants. Sites were full-hook up, a nice laundry facility was on site, as well as a small camp store (though not much for grocery supplies), firewood and bike rentals. Wifi was spotty at best. There was a strong signal, but no speed to speak of.

The biggest downfalls for me is that it was super buggy - even in December! The gnats were downright vicious. In town pick up a bug spray and candle called Natz (available at the general market) - it works really well and is all natural. It also stunk so bad - some days/times more than others, but that's marshlands for you, so part of the package. The water was drinkable, though also stinky. I used it in my coffee, but couldn't drink it plain, so plan to bring bottled water, especially if you have a sensitive tummy. Oh and the air is so damp and humid, even on sunny days, that NOTHING dries. I couldn't get so much as a hand towel to dry inside or out!

The campsite is really close to Driftwood Beach, a magical spot that we spent a lot of time at. There's also Sand Dune Beach where you can find lots of sand dollars. We visited at the height of Covid, so didn't explore the town too much, other than the general market. Note: the market is ridiculously overpriced, so make sure to get your groceries and beer/wine before getting onto the island.

Also - one thing to note, there is a "parking fee" to get onto the island ($8 for cars, $20 for oversized vehicles). Usually it's not too bothersome to get in, but keep an eye on any special events going on so you can beat the crowd. One night coming back to camp from another island, we waited in line for 45 minutes just to get ONTO the island.

Great campground but bring bug spray

Campground was nice and clean with very attentive hosts. Sites were close together but it was not uncomfortable. The bird sanctuary was one of our favorite parts about the campground. Great location to get to bike/walking trails and very easy to get to multiple beach locations. The beach by the campground was closed while we were there so we either rode our bikes or took the car to a different spot. The only thing that we disliked was the amount of mosquitoes, but that isn’t much fault of the campground, just to be expected on a forested island. The all natural spray we had didn’t deter the bugs. I’d go ahead and bust out the chemicals for this place. Overall, a very pleasant trip.

A little piece of paradise

One of the coolest places I’ve seen in a while. It’s so awesome to be able to walk around with wild horses, see beautiful ruins, and also have access to a beach full of shells. The ruins are of a huge mansion with gorgeous views of the salt marshes and inlets. There are beautiful canopy trails through the oak tees and palmetto palms. Lots of wildlife and just so much to see and do. Bike rentals are available. They have several different camping options and although there are bathrooms with cold showers and some potable water access, some water access you must bring your own filter. The closest camping is sea camp and it has bathrooms and showers really close. There are no stores or vending machines, but the park is active during the day with park rangers and day use guests. Only bummer is there are no dogs allowed and you have to take the ferry to reach the island. Hands down a great trip!

Not the best place for a tent

Kind of on the crowded side. Caters more to RV crowd and has the tent sites far in the back. Did not look anything like the picture on their website. Though it had electric throughout ( why the price was high) but didn't. Paid for 2 nights ( min) but was so dissapointing ( noisy, too far, showers were actually painful to use) that I packed up after only a few hours. Had planned this trip for months but was not going to force myself to be miserable. Only slightly cool thing was seeing Driftwood beach. But even that excitement died when I realized it smelled heavily of dead crab and the beach was actually jagged rocks and roots. Very crowded !!Not worth the 8$ toll to get on the island.

Spacious sites

This campground was an absolute gem. Sites are spread out and HUGE!! Several trails and plenty of room for kids to play on site!!! The only thing preventing me from giving five stars is we got the only site that had electric and water on passenger side so we had to run electric under our rig. If we would have been in a class B or C you could go nose first. They have a dump station on site and access in and out of park is super convenient. We didn’t get to check out bathrooms so I can’t speak to those. Park was super clean and they provide a trash can at the edge of the site. We will definitely be going back when the temperature drops a little!!!