Camping in Deerwood

74 Reviews of 3 Deerwood, Georgia Campgrounds

Kay M.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 9, 2021

First Experience

I’m in love with this campground! I’m so glad a chose this as my first. Hot showers daily. Cooked outside on the campfire for breakfast and dinner. Hiking. Beautiful views. Shade…which is big for us. A quick 15 minute walk to the convenience store. No complaints.

Month of VisitOctober
MThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 11, 2021

A New Favorite

Convenient to I-75. Great for a layover or extended camping. Liked the spacing and overall layout of campground. Modern facilities and friendly staff.

Troy F.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 8, 2021

Incredible campground

We stay here on occasion when passing through the area.

The staff is very pleasant and the park is clean.

My grand children enjoyed the park and goats.

Shari M.
Reviewed Jun. 20, 2021

So Peaceful

Our first camping experience was at this campground. The setting was peaceful and everyone was so friendly. There are lots of things to do very close to the campground. We will definitely return.

Jeremy C.The Dyrt PRO User

Sitelake side
Kay M.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 1, 2021

Skoolie

I have not visited this location but wanted others with school bus conversions to know that I spoke to Betty at this location and was advised that Skoolie’s are allowed on the property!

Sitephone call
A
Reviewed Apr. 19, 2021

Great 1st camping trip

We circled the wagons with 30 of our friends and had a great time in the at the end of the loop. Water and electrical worked great. Bathrooms were good and showers had good pressure. Had some woods nearby that the kids explored in. One of the sites was very low and half of the site was under water…

Kim M.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 9, 2021

Not too far!

Met some girlfriends for a weekend . Absolutely loved the hike by the falls . The campground is small and compact but neat with nice hosts.

N
Reviewed Mar. 6, 2021

Great park

We came to stay at river campsite. It is clean, spacious, and quite. The lake campsite can only accommodate small campers.

Angela M.
Reviewed Jan. 27, 2021

Beautiful falls and great recreation area.

We stayed in the back loop of the campground site #83. It was nice as there were only 3 other sites occupied on the loop. It faced the woods and we could hear an owl off in the distance and saw several different species of birds and tons of squirrels. The campground really makes you feel like…

Patrickw P.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jan. 24, 2021

Gone twice now. First time was used tents. Mid summer. Very busy, we got the last spot of the night. Clean bathrooms. Big sites. This weekend. January 23 and, 24th. First time in our new travel trailer. Big site. Plenty of room for the kids to run and play. Friendly staff and visiters. Will be…

Luan N.
Reviewed Jan. 4, 2021

Beautiful State Park

Great state park is right off busy I75 highway. It has two different campgrounds. One by the lake is very beautiful; site 112 lake front is great. The other campground is by the falls and deep in the wood. All site are large, level, and gravel. Cell phone signals might not good.

Danna D.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Nov. 23, 2020

Great Park!

This place is HUGE!! As others have said, the sites are a little close together and there's some traffic noise, but neither bothered me very much - I was real close to the road too, so not that bad at all. I was quite comfortable the two days I stayed here. They have a little convenience store with…

• Owner says the goats like animal crackers!
    Play button icon
  • Playground
  • Lake
Shelly S.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Nov. 6, 2020

Needs some work

High falls SP, GA

Stopped here on an overnight enroute south in September . Weekday and very sparsely occupied, so it was very quiet.

After seeing both campgrounds I wish I had stayed at the upper one near the lake and dam.

The lower campground has a coded gate and was in a separate area…

• Handicap accessible
  • Laundry
  • Circle section has larger sites but smaller pads