About Crooked River State Park
No WiFi
Crooked River State Park is located in Georgia
15 Reviews of Crooked River State Park
Great campground loads to do

We stayed in a cabin on this camping trip it is kid friendly with lots of programs for the children. We walked nature trails saw a wildlife program played putt putt and kayaked. We put in at the parks boat ramp and fished it had its own cleaning station. We swam in the springs which were not overcrowded and we even got to see manatees. It was a great trip.

Clean, nice and great views .

We stayed on the cabins, with the whole family. Mom's, aunt's and kids. 3 to 80 years old and all had fun.

Love this spot!

I've stayed here twice and loved it both times!

The first time I stayed here I was with a college outdoor group for spring break. We stayed here our first and final nights (we paddled out to Cumberland Island for the nights in between) and this served as a great place to launch from and leave our vehicles. The campground is well maintained and very clean. It is quite large but the sites are well spaced out and are quite open. I know that another reviewer mentioned that they didn't like the vastness of the campground, however, I find the larger old pines and fields nice for a multitude of activities. Not to mention that the sites are more than adequately spaced so that our large group did not feel super tight, nor did we feel like we were on top of other guests.

The second time I stayed here was with my family and we also paddled out to Cumberland Island from here. Although, on the second visit we were able to explore more of what the park has to offer. We spent time walking a multitude of trails (full of wildlife, we startled a fawn) as well as visiting the small nature center.

The bathrooms are well cared for and the grounds are clean. Each site is also meticulously maintained and the staff in the visitor's center are beyond pleasant. This is a great spot to visit all on it's own, or as a starting/ending point for an island adventure.

Open style campground

We went camping here as part of a group outing and while we had a great time, the campground is a bit too open for my liking.

Crooked River

Nice campground! Great boat ramp, pier, playground. Very close to historic St Marys