The best GROUP camping near

• Orange Sun

Get 3 Months Free
Most Recent Fort Kissimmee Camping Reviews
Pretty and private campsite

We stayed in site 19 for one night in early February. This site was very large, mostly level, with beautiful trees surrounding the site and great privacy. The park itself didn’t inspire us on our drive through, so we just relaxed in our site here. Two things to watch out for - be careful of low hanging tree branches when backing in, and be aware that we had no cell service (this actually made us cancel another stay we had planned since we needed cell service for remote work). We would stay here again if we were looking for a place to relax with good site separation.

Lucked out with best site

We stayed for 2 nights at Sebastian Inlet State Park. We lucked out and got what we felt was the best site - site 1. This site, although it’s right by the entrance to the campgrounds and overlooks the main road going to the boat ramps/fishing area, seems to have the best combination of views and privacy. There is only one neighbor, and decent separation from that neighbor. You could also sit on the drivers side of your RV if you don’t want to see your neighbors at all. You will see cars going down the road between you and the view though. Also note this park is open 24 hours, so there will be cars driving past you at all hours. (Positive if you don’t like gate codes, negative if you’re like me and like that most of the FL state parks close their gates at sunset.) There was also a lot of noise/music from boats on the waterway - didn’t bother us, but something to expect. The view is beautiful and you can walk to the fishing area on the intracoastal waterway, which is very pretty (and we got to see dolphins swimming by). This view over the waterway also gives you great sunsets. Note that you can’t walk to the Atlantic beaches/pier. At least not easily or maybe we missed something. The main part of the park is over a huge bridge that didn’t have pedestrian walking areas, so we didn’t see the main park at all. Also, there were tons of gnats - maybe no seeums or the gnats distracted me from mosquitoes. Either way, I was covered in bites at this campground. We would return only if we got site 1 again.

Big State Park

Lots of tent camping and bike trails.

Beautiful location !

There are no bad spots at this park. Gorgeous views of the inlet and enough trees for shade but without the being a hindrance during parking. Lovely area to walk and see finishing and plenty of wildlife.

Simply Incredible

I can't say enough about the site and people that run this place.  Bathrooms are spotless and the sites are perfect.  Perfect getaway for families and couples.

Words can’t describe

Ok. I will try to sum this place up in as short of a review as I can. If I could give this place no stars I would.

Pros:

I don’t really have any Pros.

Cons:

• Not all hookups are full. Must enter lottery to get full hookup site. Wasted 3 hours pulling into one spot. Have to sign up, enter lottery, look at spot, go back hope your name is called, if it is move again.

• Laundry is broke! Numerous people who have been here for longer then a month have said they have been broke since November.

• Swimming pool is like taking a warm bath with 60 other people.

• They charge $5.00 per item to receive mail. Yes you read that right. If it’s an regular envelope it’s $5. Medication. Yep $5. Got three post cards from aunt Mable. $15.

• Staff are the most ignorant I have come across on a 7 month road trip around the country. Ask a simple question about laundry room and the employee coped a huge attitude. The two maintenance men were awesome. But front office staff are HORRIBLE.

*** IMO thousand trails maybe good for some people however they are the biggest waste of money I have seen.

Love this park. Big Surprise.

Lake Kissimmee State Park Review This was our first visit to Lake Kissimmee State Park and it was a big surprise. Like all Florida State Parks, they are all a little different and have one attribute in particular that makes them special. For me this was the camp sites that were both spacious and private.

We were on the inside of the loop on #4. Since the pandemic spots at most state park have been few and far between so we have become way less particular and simply take what we can get at most parks.

Like all state parks the bathrooms were spotless and rivaled those of a Marriott. We enjoyed the common areas, the observation deck and the hiking. Staff and hosts were wonderful. Thanks again Florida State Parks for a great weekend! We will for sure return to Lake Kissimmee for sure.

Fisheating Creek

We stayed at Fisheating Creek on the lake a couple weeks ago and had a very fun time with my three daughters. Rented a canoe and saw alligators almost immediately. There is a nice little spot with a beach that was popular to pull over and stretch your feet. We were lucky to bring our own lifevests because they did run out when it was time to get our canoe. they had a food truck on site that looked very good but we never made it there because we had plenty of our own food. I would recommend it and will be back.

Old park needs update

This park has beautiful views and nice large spaces. First come, first serve on spots leaves little to be desired when you plan far enough out. Pickle ball and pool were very active. Bathrooms were not placed in a very convenient spot, poorly maintained and they were small in comparison to the size of the park. Being a Thousand Trails facility it was very disappointing.

Incredible for FL Camping

All around a great location to get away and explore. This is one of the most comfortable and well-kept campgrounds I've found in FL. The staff and volunteers were very attentive and accommodating. The other campers were friendly and enthusiastic. We tent camped in the Equestrian loop, and the sites were decently spaced with plenty of room for our two tents, two cars, and 8 campers to spread out without bothering the neighbors. There are no stores or restaurants nearby, so pack well. These sites have water, electric, grill, and a table. Firewood is available for $7 cash per bundle (honor system). The dumpster is by the firewood. You can buy ice from the rangers for $2.50 during business hours. Showers are hot. Bathrooms are spacious.

I should probably mention that I'm camping spoiled. I traveled for a year or so around the country tent camping, and lived in Colorado for 10 years camping at least once a month out west. I'm from Florida, and I really didn't think there was much worth seeing here, so I stopped looking. It turns out I was wrong.

The air was so clean that we felt like we were on oxygen! The night sky was absolutely breathtaking, but catching dawn and dusk over the landscape is really nice too. The trails were well maintained and clearly planned to create a unique experience, while being just challenging enough to feel like a real adventure.

The animals just weren't afraid of humans. Our 6 teenagers were so excited to stand face-to-face, only a few feet from gentle deer, bunnies, and turkeys. We even saw some lazy baby alligators sunning on the Military Trail.

The Prairie Loop Trail took much longer than we anticipated, and the wind pushing us back was insane, but it was gorgeous and we had a lot of fun. I'll just plan better for that next time. And, the whole family agrees there will be a next time, soon!

If you are looking for a place in FL where you really feel "out in it", away from absolutely everything, while still having what you need to be comfortable, this is it.