Yurts
About Grayton Beach State Park
Grayton Beach State Park is located in Florida
15 Reviews of Grayton Beach State Park
Perfect Beach Campground

This is perhaps my favorite campgrond. At the beach, but not on the beach. If you get the right campground, you'll be right up on the lake (watch out for aligators) but no matter where you camp, there's easy hiking access to the sugar white sands of the Florida panhandle. Paradise.

We love Grayton Beach SP

Another beautiful campground near the gorgeous gulf!

Ahh the Beach

I stayed 2 nights last winter before it got crowded. cool little camp ground amidst the hustle and bustle of a busy beach town. I was tent camping and had a nice site that backed up to marsh land.

Beautiful campground!!

We have camped at Grayton a few times and each time has been awesome! The campsites are very well kept as well as the bathroom facilities. The beach is beautiful there. Our kids would much rather come here than Mexico beach or Panama City. The staff is also wonderful! Always very helpful and friendly.

Best

this is by far best in Florida state parks. place has the best beach. reserve at least 10 months ahead

Adventurer’s Paradise

Excellent & very scenic location for kayaking, camping, enjoying the beach, AND snorkeling! Friendly staff, & very clean restrooms. Day use admission is free through the month too.

Sun, Fun & Run

I love to run on the beach with my grandson here! It’s clean and so beautiful here…

Secluded but close to attractions

Great beach campground that is away from the tourist hustle an bustle. Nice sites with a great beach.. Not but a short 20 minute drive to nearest tourist attraction

Best Park and Beach I've been to in the state

I was fortunate enough to stumble across this state park a few years ago before it was really well known. The first year or two that I camped here it was fairly easy to find a campsite, I mainly primitive camp, or cabin and there weren't a lot of people at the beach. About two years ago that started changing and now it's next to impossible to book a cabin or campsite in advance unless you plan a year, sometimes more out. That being said the best option is to check the website frequently starting about two weeks before you want to book and try to catch a cancellation. They happen pretty frequently.

As far as the park, sites and beach, this is one of, if not the best I've ever camped at in the state. The primitive sites give you enough space in between where you still feel private, the bathrooms are clean and offer multiple showers and the cabins are simple and great if you want a bed and kitchen. They include a back porch, furniture, and bathroom with shower and no tvs or wifi. The beach is still fairly quite and not packed and the water is usually crystal clear here unless you visit during storms. There's plenty of wild life on the beach and if you time it right you might catch some hatching baby sea turtles.

A huge perk and attraction is "Turtle Reef" located only about 800 feet off shore. It's an artificial reef that will be in the shape of a sea turtle once completed. It's an easy kayak or sup out from the public access beach entry and shallow enough for some fantastic snorkeling. I haven't spotted any turtles yet but there are tons of fish and have seen a few mana rays as big as an adult person.

Water view sites!

It all starts at Grayton Beach state park with having several sites with water view on Western lake . We were able to put our kayaks in right off the site. We would definitely go back. However be advised that in September 2018 to 2019 , a full year, the older half of the camp ground is being “upgraded”. They are putting in sewers and they are not sure what else. We loved it just how it was so … fingers crossed…When we stayed, there was only one other tenter and the rest were RV’s. Plenty of green space between each site in the old section but the newer area not so much. Im hoping that remains unchanged.

So much to do in the area . Special Dune walks, beach, town with great shopping and restaurants . Sites and bathroom facilities are well maintained by friendly volunteers.

We visited in January and there was a cold snap but still pleasant during the day.