Yurts
KoA
Durango North / Riverside KOA is located in Colorado
6 Reviews of Durango North / Riverside KOA
Nice place to stay

My husband and I stayed here and it was clean and the cabin was nice. The showers were hot and clean and we will definitely be back.

Beautiful campsite

Our spots were on the river and were beautiful. The pizza was good also when we didn’t feel like cooking.

New owners as of Feb. 2018 - Very rude, over-charged, check your receipt!

We reserved 3 campsites for July 2018 back in Jan. 2018 before the change of ownership. The daughter-in-law, Brandi, that checked us in was very nice. The next day when our other 2 families showed up to check in both were over charged. For one we had a tent site with 2 adults & 2 children = 4 total which is the number of people allowed in the site. However we were charged an extra $60 for 2 children. On the other tent site we reserved, they are a family of 5, 2 adults, 3 kids ages 8, 3 & 1 = 5 total. When they were checked in they were charged an additional $30 for the extra child. However their website reservation states children kids 0-4 FREE which there would be no additional charge. We walked back to the office to explain that perhaps there was a mistake made. The first things out of the owner's mouth "DON'T WALK THROUGH THAT PATH WAY AGAIN, IT'S A PRIVATE AREA" with the rudest tone I have ever heard. There was no civility or politeness about her. (There were NOT any signs saying private or don't walk.) When we pointed out that we think there was a mistake made we were rudely told NO there isn't by the owner. I then showed them receipt and my email confirmation with the price difference and she continued to vehemently disagree and kept cutting me off before I could finish explaining. We left the office knowing we would dispute it with our credit card company since their website said one thing and the owner is making up charges.

The location is nice, the sites are very close together and can feel very cramped. The playground is a little run down. The prices are extremely high! BEWARE of the owner, her temper and her overcharging.

Then there was the flash flood, the mudslide and the major gas leak on the 3rd day and we had to walk out in knee deep mud with just what was on our backs. We will see if we get a refund for the 3 nights that we couldn't stay at the campground.

Not this year

There was a fire. Now there are mudslides. The space is lovely but please stay safe if you do come this year.

not very private

I stayed here as a child and have very fond memories of this campground. Unfortunately, I did not experience that as an adult. The bathrooms and grounds were all in good shape and the KOA provides a pool and an arcade with plenty of activities but I just didn't care for this campground. The pluses are that it is right by the hiway and the river but the site spacing leaves everything to be desired. The spots are very very close to one another and an addition since when i was younger puts the spots almost on top of one another. This leads to a noisy and chaotic campground that I personally won't be back to.

Stay by the river

Too bad the fires have been keeping people away. This is a great place right off the hwy and along the river. You can rent cute cabins with a deck along the river. I got a great tent site. There's electric, water,showers, general store with great fudge and food.