Camping in Scenic Valley Ranchos

188 Reviews of 48 Scenic Valley Ranchos, California Campgrounds

Julia M.
Reviewed Jun. 16, 2021

Good stop over

It was a great overnight stop for us on our way to Yosemite. No AT&T cell service. Can get 1 hr of free wifi every 24hrs or pay for more wifi. The park is huge with a lot to do and different camping accommodations for all types. Easy asphalt roads throughout campground in the pines. Sites are…

C
Reviewed Jun. 16, 2021

Spring and fall

It’s best in the spring and fall. It’s nice and quiet and the spots are not too close to each other. Staff is nice and grounds are clean.

Sitedon’t remember
Month of VisitOctober
Jovani M.
Reviewed Jun. 15, 2021

Acorn Campground

My experience has always been good ones for the few times I’ve been there. Always a good time with friends and also the rangers checking. Clean bathrooms and also the spots to camp.

• Full moon at the lake was beautiful and the weather perfect. no mosquitoes too
  • My camping set up.
Site92 and 87
Ruben N.
Reviewed Jun. 1, 2021

Pinecrest campground

Pinecrest was an amazing place at the edge of the Stanislaus national forest. The community is great, the campground and bathrooms were very well maintained. It was a 10min walk to the lake. If you’re into fishing, there are trout in the area with some nice fishing spots labeled on the paper map.…

• the lake from the hike
  • the bridge nicer the inlet
  • my dog finding a painted rock on the hike
SiteB11
B
Reviewed May. 27, 2021

Many years at Hogan

Our family has been here many times because it’s tradition since my husband was a kid. It’s gorgeous if we’ve had a year of rain. Usually pretty quiet but bathrooms are always a disaster.

M
Reviewed May. 26, 2021

Great Family Campground

Well maintained campgrounds, level and plenty of space for our 35 ft trailer and truck. Close to the water and trails. Overall very nice and will definitely return.

Karen T.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 24, 2021

Beautiful spot!

I was worried about our pop up camper not being able to fit in the “tent only sites”, but it ended up being perfect.

The sun shade provided in the tent sites came in handy when we had a short moment of rain. It was also much appreciated during the sunny weather.

Beautiful view of the river but…

• Lots of cars
  • Pop up camper in 28a
  • RV sites along the river
Site28a
Karen T.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 15, 2021

Perfect for a newbie!

My boyfriend and I got a new-to-us pop-up camper and chose Beals Point as our first campsite to test everything out.

We were in site #66 and it was a great walking distance to the restrooms and showers. The restrooms were extremely clean and always well stocked with toilet paper.

We went…

• Pop up camper set up in 66
D
Reviewed May. 13, 2021

Hook up Campsite vs Tent Campsite

There are two sites at Beal’s Point, the hook up campsite and the tent campsite. We went to the tent campsite and was surprised how many RVs were parked in the tent campsite. We didn’t mind until they used their generators. I wasn’t sure if the camp host saw/heard them but it was on for quite a…

Month of VisitApril
Jeanna J.
Reviewed May. 12, 2021

Excellent No-Frills Experience

This was my first solo camping experience.  I stayed overnight with the intention of simply testing out my gear.  The reservoir is currently nearly dry, so the "beach" is just a field.  Luckily, I was only there for the site and the hiking.  The Camp Hosts were lovely and accommodating; they came…

• Flat spot for tent
  • Standing at parking area; stairs uphill to camp
  • Camp
B
Reviewed May. 1, 2021

Nice location, rowdy people

Nice size spots. Very rowdy people. Lots of drinking with yelling until 2am. Lots of poison oak as well. Would be better if they enforced quiet time.

Wil Rider B.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 27, 2021

Trains

If you want city living while camping here is the place

Sitenear back
Month of VisitFebruary
J
Reviewed Apr. 26, 2021

Great sites

Very nice area beautiful lake definitely reccomend bringing ear plugs as the nature in the morning is a very early alarm clock over all a great site that we will come back to

T
Reviewed Apr. 24, 2021

Nice

Loved it

n
Reviewed Apr. 21, 2021

Good

Are some place

Siteflashlight