Stanislaus National Forest, CALIFORNIA
Camping California Stanislaus National Forest
Most Recent Stanislaus National Forest Camping Reviews
Super awesome

Customer service was really nice about allowing me to change the day I camped. Each campsite has a lot of room and I was able to rent a paddle board right across the street.

Absolutely stunning

There were 20 of us on a camping trip and this group site was amazing. We were all able to claim tent space and have extra places to hang out or cook meals. The bear bins were located great and even got to see a couple of them by our tents. The location of the campground is great and just a short drive or walk to Lake Tahoe. Over all best sleep on a picnic table I've had (it's a preference to tents)!

OMG

BEAUTIFUL!! Don’t bring to much down cause you have to carry it back up lol learned my lesson! 1/2 mile hikish downs and back to vehicle. Empty Mon-Wed the weekend got a little busy but wonderful still!!

Quite and relaxing fishing lake

Really loved the drive in and this little lake. Good fishing and nice shady camp ground spots with amazing mountain views

Shhhhh! This beautiful campground is a well kept secret

Three major accidents put us way behind schedule on our way to find a site at Yosemite, Tioga Pass, and June Lake. Fortunately, I still prefer guidebooks and was able to find this site. Apparently it's not a well publicized spot because it's run by Mono County and not NPS or CSP. But the location is great: close to Mono Lake, Bodie, and away from the crowds at Yosemite. You have the sound of running water from the creek and Lundy Lake is nearby.

The weather is also perfect. On an August day, it never got hotter than 75 degrees during the day and the coldest it got was 26 degrees at night. If you need supplies, there is a resort further down with a very small mercantile, but it closes early. Your closest store is Mono Market in Lee Vining. Bring water or a filtration system because there is only a non-potable water spigot.

Swimming fun

Acorn Campground is great for tent and RV camping. Warm weather so great for swimming. Good for fishing, boating (they have a launch), kayaking, paddle boarding and you can bring bikes and scooters for the kids.

Quiet camping

Easy access. We were the only campers at the campground. Plenty of campsites both north and south of the campgrounds. If you don’t mind constant utv traffic (we didn’t 😎) then this is a great place. The outhouse was dirty with trash, but it didn’t stink nor were there any flies. There was a very conspicuous absence of wildlife in the area. The creek is only about 3 to 4 feet wide and around 2 feet deep. If you’re looking for a swimming hole, this is not that place 🙂.

Beautiful Free Camping

Several areas along Blue Lakes Rd offer dispersed camping. We had a wildflower-filled meadow to ourselves in early August with plenty of near-by trails for dirt bikes, Jeeping, horses, mountain biking or hiking.

Awesome place

Really clean and well taken care of really love this spot spaces are spaced apart well so you have some room around you..

Awesome

I came here with a bunch of my friends, it was really beautiful and easy to access all the hikes. Good area and fun to see in summer and winter!

Beautiful forest campground

Gorgeous NF campground. Sites are varying sizes but plenty of RV size sites. Water spigots and bathrooms around. Not on the lake but walking distance away. Taylor's Creek and Valhalla nearby too.

Perfect Location for Lake Tahoe

Gorgeous campground, owned by the city of South Lake Tahoe. Not many hookups, but perfect location for visiting SLT. Beach across the street. Only 3 stars because of hookup situation and extra charge to dump.

Silvertip Campground

Beautiful place with lake alpine 1 mile away. You can hike to lake on trail on south side of campground. Host is amazing. I practically grew up at that campground every summer since I was born

Utica

Beautiful place, even better kayaking, fishing is alright not great. Campsites are very clean

Calaveras Big Trees North Grove Campwith something for everyone

I think this is my favorite California State Park. It is situated in the Calaveras Big Trees Giant Sequoia Grove.

The campsites are spacious with lots of room between you and other campers, hot showers, great Visitors Center, campfire programs, puppet shows, self guided hikes, Stanislaus River, Beaver Creek, lots of wildlife, astronomy programs (we even got to see the International Space Station go overhead) and so much more.

We saw a yearling doe with the longest eyelashes I have ever seen on a deer, a fledgling osprey with a little hick-up in his first flight, lots of squirrels, chipmunks, and other critters, birds of all different colors. Just delightful.

Big Trees is close to explore the many little charming Gold Country Towns in the area and if you want to go out to dinner every kind of cuisine you can imagine.

You will have an awesome time at Calaveras Big Trees.

Glamping with all the amenities

Super busy campground with kids running around and riding bikes. They put on a ton of events like karaoke nights, live music, and smores nights. Hot showers and well lit clean bathrooms. Hard to find solitude or silence

Good spot near water

Initial thought was the hill kinda sucked but it was ok, has cut outs on the hill for tents, very close the the water we were on camp sites numbers 20,21. No parking near camp site you have to unload gear and drive ur vehicle about 1/4mile to park. Good spot if you have kayaks to launch from.

Quiet and beautiful camping

Stayed for two nights and it was so quiet. It’s the perfect campsite that allows campfires, has showers and restrooms, and has a hiking trail. There’s a nearby convenience store called the Dollar General if you need to grab a few last minute items. Highly recommend going to the Black Chasm Cavern nearby. It’s the perfect campsite, I will be visiting again soon!

Friendly and quiet campground near many activities.

Great first trip for us! 49er was quiet and well-maintained. The staff was very friendly! They met us at the office when we pulled up and helped us get to the site (#45), and back in. Several nice amenities on the site: gravel pads, full hookups, including sewer, cable, water and 30/50A service. Small picnic table. Since we have a smaller trailer, our site was pretty compact. Quiet hours 10p-8a.

The campground has a well-stocked market, a campfire circle (s’mores and stories every evening!), an activities/dining hall, and full bathroom/shower. Free gold-panning lessons on the site. The office has a good-sized bookshelf with plenty of good books and magazines. Pet walking area (lit at night). Cool ‘49 theme throughout the camp site.

Nearby attractions include Columbia state park, which is a preserved miners town, Moaning Caves SHP, Railtown, New Melones lake. We took a trip up to Twain Harte for a craft fair, then stopped at Sonora for shopping.

Quiet

Clean well maintained, campsite by the the creek or the hot springs. Bring your water to cook and drink there is no water hookup. Really enjoyed my stay there with my family and the hot spring were perfect.

Yosemite Lakes Groveland

Thousand Trails Membership allows me to stay 21 days free. Just 5 miles outside of Yosemite Entrance or Catch the bus right here at the campground. Campfires allowed. Lots of activities for the kids. Dog Friendly. Creek near by to cool off during hot summer days.

Very nice

Very nice , loved camping right next to the river. Bathrooms were very clean.

Secluded camping

I’ve been going to Buckeye since I was a kid. It’s become a tradition in our family and I am excited to keep it alive. This is a great campground with several spots next the the creek. It has pit toilets and no longer has water spigots so make sure to bring your own water to cook and clean with. The dirt road up the mountain is a bit rough, but to me it is well worth it. The campground is quiet and out of the way, which is what camping should be!

Decent campground

I wasn’t expecting much due to being in the valley and looking to be pretty run of the mill online. I was pleasantly surprised. Sites were a good size and were tucked down a slight hill from the road which was great for privacy. Bathrooms were kept very clean and well stocked.

Beautiful, friendly, and clean!

We stayed 4 days at this park and had the best time!! The kids loved the stocked fishing ponds, and even better was the immaculate 2 swimming pools and playground! Everyone was busy having fun the whole time and the grounds were perfectly kept, all the facilities are very clean, and when it’s 90 out you can’t beat the ice cream in the cafe! Definitely makes you feel like you’re on a vacation here. All the spots have power and water.

Love this place

Family spot for a couple generations now! Grew up camping here in the summer. Lots of amenities, beautiful roads to walk along, pool, showers, library, rec room and occasional events.

Great view

This site is right on the lake, the bathrooms were clean. It was pretty busy but the spaces are far enough apart that it wasn’t super loud even in a tent. There aren’t a lot of trees so no hammock and no privacy but still a really great park. The staff was also so helpful!

Love but

Absolutely loved it here minus them saying they’re were rats with diseases. Watch out with your pets. Otherwise it was an absolutely gorgeous place

Great views

We stayed in A-27.If you want to relax , this was the spot,very quiet.we looked over the valley.Great morning and evenings.we will be going back.

Beautiful location

Beautiful campsite in the Sierra’s. Trail heads are close by. Mosquitos seem to always be around so be prepared for that. Campsites are not too close together.