Fires Unknown
Pets Unknown
Water Unknown
About Big Sandy Campground

Big Sandy Campground is a large sandy flat adjacent to Big Creek. Road access is paved and dirt. Total number of sites is 18.  Sites have grills, fire rings and tables. Some sites have shade. Drinking water is not provided.

National Forest
Big Sandy Campground is located in California
Directions
From Fresno take Highway 41 to Oakhurst. Travel approximately 10 miles, turn right on Forest Road 6S07, (just below Fish Camp) travel approximately 6.0 miles to the campground. Road crosses Big Creek.
2 Reviews of Big Sandy Campground
more developed version of little sandy

Rough road in. Please leave it cleaner than you found it. I’ve seen people complaining that the price is high for such rough camping, but you can have pretty large groups (covered by the 20-something dollar camp fee) and it is a cool spot! They’re only open for the summer-fall forest service road definitely not maintained when it snows. Overall way more developed than Little Sandy down the road- toilets and everything! A fine option if you can't find a spot in Yosemite.

A family tradition

this has always been one of my families favorite campground from my grandpa taking my dad and my dad taking me. Very peaceful and clean, the bathrooms where kept well and camp host was very freindly. Has a very nice stream that runs right down the middle of campground that basically every site is next to the water. One of my favorite grounds to go and will continue our tradition.