Sierra National Forest, CALIFORNIA
Camping California Sierra National Forest
Most Recent Sierra National Forest Camping Reviews
Great Winter Camping

If you need you Camp/Fish the Eastern Sierras and it’s winter(So Everything above Pleasant Valley Is closed) then this is the Campground for you. Vault Restrooms & Water are available and you camp right along the Owens River.

It’s can get windy in the winter and hot and buggy in the summer. The Campground provides little shade, but has excellent views.

Avoid the crowds

Reversed Creek Campground is the least crowded in the June loop. The Campground is a short drive to June, sliver or grant lakes. And a short walk to Gull Lake.

There is a lot of wildlife in this area, we spotted dear four different times, and twice they walked through our campsite.

I definitely will be camping at Reversed Creek Campground again!

Great Back Up for June Loop

There are some really great campsites at east fork, that are mostly along the rock creek and have shade. But there are a few that are out in the open with NO shade and are quite plain.

It’s a great back up plan for June loop or mammoth if there is nothing available at those elevations.

Perfect Family Campground

Walking Distance with kids to Lake Shaver, which offers Fishing, swimming and Boating. Very organized and clean, the campgrounds are spread out, private and most have shade.

We will be back!

Good last minute campsite

We have stayed at Wawona a few times. We only stay there if we have not reserved a site in advance. You can visit the camp office and see if they have any openings the day of your arrival. It is close to the road so there is some noise from it. The river runs close to the campground. It is about one hour from Yosemite Valley.

Great Stay!

I stopped here in early summer and it felt wonderful! It was great being close to town if we needed anything and I loved having our own clean site. The bathrooms/showers were clean and the campground was pleasant and home-y. The only negative part would be traffic noise, but it wasn’t a dealbreaker. I’ll stay here again!

Beautiful, filled with trees, ladybugs, and cows!

This was a great little find tucked close to Kings Canyon and separated only be a crazy, winding backroad.  The host is very helpful and kind.  There is a field with cows.  COWS!  Mountain cows if you ask me.  There were a ton of ladybugs but the feeling of seclusion was great.  There are some awesome sites right on the stream but I didn't write down their numbers.  We had a great time!

Wrong location so make sure you don’t pay ahead to realize you can’t stay there

Just doing this as a warning for others using this app, this is not the real location for the campsite it brings you to a random oark you can’t sleep at which is 6 hours away from the actual site

Hot as Satan’s balls

It’s real hot and real mosquitoy. Nicely kept but dusty and hot. Probably don’t need to go back.

Camping among the giants

Ten mile campground was an incredible place to camp among the giants sequoia trees! There was a creek running behind our campground which was an easy (less than 10 minute) walk that had a natural rock slide into the water… perfect to cool off in. Fishing at Hume lake was relaxing. We drove to the visitor’s center for tips on the best hikes and they were very helpful. Definitely will go back!

Secluded group site

Shady campsite for up to 50 people. Fire pit and pit toilets. Very small stream nearby. Scenic. Was not able to use tap water due to bacterial contamination.

Camp site #56

Camp sites are at the furthest 3 minute walk to the water. Flushing toilets and sinks to wash hands. Plenty of water faucets located around the camp ground for non drinking water (although I was told by a campground employee the water was tested monthly by the county and was super clean and great for drinking water).

Peaceful Sierras

Downsides: There are pit toilets, and they smell pretty bad, and the sites are really close together. There is no trash, no water & no reservations. The good: Plenty of beautiful trees and shade. The creek is lovely, and a wonderful place for the kids to play. There are some fish, but hard to catch. The best thing is that it is free to camp here, and it's only 20 minutes from June Lake, and 20 minutes to Mammoth if you need supplies.

Welcoming.

Great sites for small RV’s or tent camping. Very funny and welcoming camp host David Mac. Would recommend this camp to anyone looking to get away from the crowds you’ll find further north in the eastern sierras.

First come first serve.

Gorgeous & peacful

Had a plot right next to the river. The water was so soothing and the trees helped keep the camp fairly cool until the sun peaked through around ten. The bridge by the river brings you right to a trail, and it’s just a mile down the road from the start of the Big Pine lakes trail. Also, the grounds keeper on the site keeps the bathrooms cleaner than I’ve ever seen at a camp sight.

Great campground

The sites close to the creek are private and wonderful. Mostly tent only by creek however. Bathrooms were clean and well maintained.

Buggy but beautiful

There are pull in sites and walk in sites. All pull in sites seem to be surround by low growing shrubs and they have so many mosquitoes. The walk in site are under the conifers and are gorgeous. Waterfalls, tall peaks surround the campground

Clean. Well maintained. As described

Restrooms very clean. Some areas shadier than others. Kids loved pool and clubhouse. Shopping nearby.

Army Corps of Engineers campground on a lake

Note: The average daytime temperature while I was here was 101 degrees(high 104), and this will no doubt color my review.

I stayed here three nights in a 34 foot travel trailer in site 1 in late July. Sites vary in length, there were only a few that would have fit our rig. Some are only parking spaces that lead to tent platforms. Very few sites are level and some so steep that leveling is not possible. All sites have water and electric hookups, and these were very reliable. Our site also had sewage because we were in a host site(yay us!). Speaking of the hosts, they were awesome.  The bathrooms and showers were clean.

The lake is pretty, but it was so high that boat ramps were closed and the picnic area (including the pit toliets) were completely underwater- so no swimming for us. Despite all this, the place was packed on the weekends. I would give it another chance, but not in late July. :)

Beautiful Quiet Lake

We reserved 2 group sites ,20 & 24 for one weekend. We had six families staying between the two sites. We fit 3 tents (2 large, 1 medium and 1 single person tent) in site 20 and there was no more room to fit a 4th tent without being to close to the campfire. We fit 3 large tents in site 24 and if you squeezed the tents closer together you could have fit a 4th.

There was a lot of shade in site 24, and a good amount in site 20.

Overall the campgrounds are very clean and the campgrounds are very quiet. They are walking distance to the horse stables.

scenic and close to hiking trails, the visitor center, and market

This campground is definitely worth all 5 stars! The location is unbeatable, and the views are to die for. We stayed at site 144, which is right along the river! The river was high and boasting, which made great white noise for sleeping, as well as drowning out the sounds of other nearby campers - it gave us lots of privacy! While the campsites are sort of close to one another, we couldn't hear a thing they were saying, and we could have our music on without worrying about it disturbing our neighbors. Lots of places to hang a hammock if you are into lounging. There are a few hikes straight out of the campground if you don't want to travel far to get your adventure on, yet there is also a Shuttle stop right at the campground, which means you don't have to fight the crowds for a parking spot and can leave your car right at your campsite. Sequoia Nat'l park is pretty large, so having the market and visitor center within walking distance is also an added bonus. I recommend booking in advance, but if you aren't luucky enough to get a spot right away, keep watching the website! We actually kept daily tabs on in and were able to find a spot only a few months before, simply by watching for cancellations. Weather is great - only in the high 70's/low 80's for our July trip, and not too chilly at night - mid 50's to high 40's. The vast number of trees also provide shade at every camp site! This is much more comfortable than some of the other campgrounds that are lower in elevation in the area, which have much higher temperatures and amounts of sun exposure. I hope you get the chance to stay at Lodgepole! Strongly recommend the Alta Peak Trail high for experienced hikers, and the Commerce Trail for an easy high around lots of Sequoias (with less traffic than the General Sherman tree area). Happy exploring! :)

Great spot feels secluded

I’m usually not a fan of maintained campgrounds, but with the wife and pup i knew things would go better with a few amenities. The location is good, about an hour to the Valley, the grounds though are great with lots of green and trees that separate the sites.

Left my heart ❤️ in June Lake

Perfect time of year to go to June Lake is when the snow is melting and running off into the lake. Some of The clearest water I have ever seen. The view is breathtaking and you jut never want to leave. We camped at the neighboring site called Oh Ridge. It wasn’t too bad,but the site was small and there were no trees. It really depends on where you pick your spot, so schedule soon.

Wonderful campground

We stayed here a couple years ago. Had a wonderful time. There are several short hikes very close by as well as walking distance to the sequoia shuttle that can take you almost anywhere in the park for free. Plus the river goes through the middle of the campground so swimming is available. It’s a short walk to showers, market and a visitors center. Must make reservations 6 months in advance.

A descent campground

A good campground from late fall to mid spring. In the summer this campground gets flooded from the rising lake waters of lake kaweah, which is fine because it is blazing hot in the summer.

Beautiful, peaceful

This is a great campground! Lots of cool hikes nearby, including waterfalls and the Kearsarge Pass. The views are unreal. It gets cold at night so make sure you come prepared. I've been trying to convince my friends to come with me forever but they don't believe me when I tell them it's worth the drive.

Clean, family owned

Old school campground with a mountain feel. Small general store and fishing pond. Sites are very close together, not a whole lot of trees. Out and about fishing all day so didn’t spend too much time at the campground. You can tell this was around before the huge RVs that are out there today. Very clean, creek runs right along campground.

Quiet with big trees

Decent campground. 26 sites, most are not level and most of campground is loose dirt from side by side riders. I would stay here again. Biggest downfall is the dusty dirt everywhere. Trees are big and provide shade. I cannot speak for restrooms as I was in my travel trailer. Can accommodate larger RVs if you are adventurous and skilled getting into some sites. No reservations, first come first serve.

Small but comfy

Cute and comfy campground, no camp host, so if you need firewood it’s kind of a bummer. But it’s peaceful listening to the rushing creek! Been here twice now and definitely will be back!

Awesome getting over ran by city folk! Trashing it!

Beautiful lake with a creek through the middle of the camp! Gorgeous always a bear that frequents the area! Great for boating fishing swimming and hiking!