Valle Vista, ARIZONA

Most Recent Valle Vista Camping Reviews
A regular stop when visiting family

We regularly stay at this KOA when visiting family in the area. We love the Deluxe Patio sites, but they are not in our budget when on a fixed income. If you can afford it, the deluxe patio sites offer the most room, plus a concrete patio, fire pit, and grill.

This time, we stayed in the longer pull throughs on the other side of the campground - but these pull throughs are narrow if you have slideouts on both sides. Forget using an awning, we barely have room for the slides or walking between slide and hedge. See photos.

These sites are closest to the road, and there is road noise. Especially when the trash pickup truck comes at 6am.

The mini golf area has been refreshed and it looks really nice.

Nothing special here

You are out in the middle of nowhere basically so you can’t expect much, and that’s exactly what you get. Charged $35 the first night no receipt provided, then I got wise and asked for $20 the next night. So yeah just offer them that in the first place. Very long term looking place, kind of meth head looking …..so if no other choice, stay here. At least you’ll have electricity, sewer, water, bathroom and sketchy showers.

Easy night at 6 mile

6 mile cove was pretty nice, it had plenty of layout to avoid immediate contact with people. It truly is about 6 miles from the road down the power line road to get there. Pretty washboardy. Jumbled up the pod a little ha. There was 3 bathrooms vault style. A huge dumpster that gets maintained. It was a Sunday night we stayed and it wasn’t crowded. 3-4 groups of people. Beach front, but WATCH FOR ALGAE. green floating stuff in the water. Stay away from it. You’ll thank me later.

Pretty Nice

We travel full time so we see a lot of parks. This one is small but clean and modern. There seems to be few long term campers which helps to keep the park looking clean. There is a small pool which I didn’t try because it was November. During our stay it was quiet and everyone respected the space of others. It is convenient to I-40 and Hwy 93 being at the intersection of both with several truck stops just across the freeway. The park has a few small trees which appear to be well cared for. All in all, a pretty nice place.

Colorado River Oasis RV Resort

Beautiful campground resort right on the Colorado River!  FHU's, wifi, cable TV. Very clean bathrooms and showers.  Excellent customer service.  Sabrina and Wayne both helped us get hooked up, and helped with our cable TV issues.  Close to Laughlin casinos and river activities.  We will definitely visit this campground again!

Different Spaces to choose from.

Very nice and helpful employees. Lots of different areas to camp in. Overall, Davis Camp is clean and a very safe place to camp. We always get the yearly pass for seniors $20.00. Late night the donkeys walk through the park.

Escape from the Desert Heat

Just a few miles off I-40 just east of Kingman. So surprising how much the temperature dropped up the mountain looking over the Arizona desert still. The rangers at the campground was very informational and helpful on finding the perfect place for either tent camping or bringing your RV with hook-ups. The grounds have plenty of trails to hike and the scenery is wonderful and the freshness of the air words can't describe. Definitely coming back in the future.

Golden Valley Nest

Had a wonderful stay at this RV park. Has a wonderful staff and very friendly. Full hook-ups make the stay very convenient and comfortable, not only the cost is very reasonable. Dogs enjoyed the dog park and the old farm equipment made the place very rustic.

Primitive Site

Just to the north off Hwy 63 headed from Golden Valley to Laughlin sits a off road BLM camping site. Road is well maintained and lots of level areas to park your camper. Bring in your own water and generator, pack out what you bring in. No trash pick up or garbage containers. Great spot to stay for the night or day to explore mines and or ride.

Big Bend Gem

Amazing place to set up for the day, camping is available with water and power hook-ups. We spent the day on in the beach area. Definitely a little gem on the Colorado River.

Beautiful Colorado River

Affordable camping and day use on the Colorado River just North of Bullhead City, AZ and Laughlin, NV. Full hook-ups available, showers, and on the river camping. Great place to spend a few days or just a few hours on the river. Convenient Jetski rentals on site.

Nice RV park

Clean and affordable.

Great experience! Loved this family owned & operated campground

Fell in love with this campground! Needed a quick stop & safe place to sleep on my way to grand canyon I was so sweetly surprised! Wasn't expecting much, there weren't any reviews. This campground was just taken over… by a kind family who now owns and operates the business with their children… I was greeted by "the boss" little miss scarlett who gave me a tour, fun facts, and cupcakes she had baked. The LOVE creativity and passion the owners have, for this work in progress campground is apparent. Seems like they are working their butts off to provide amazing experiences for their guest… like wild horses and glamping! I rarely write reviews but felt it so important and wanted their hard work to not go unnoticed.  I can't wait to revisit on my next road trip in Arizona!

Awesome Campground

Awesome place to stay! Amazing view of the Grandwash Cliffs! Nothing can compete for star gazing at night! The sky just lights up with a trillion stars at night…HUGE rv spaces big enough for our rig, boat and atvs!  Lake Mead is only 10 minutes away! This campground is perfect for those with the outdoor bug like us. Hiking for miles atv trails everwhere you turn. We had a blast. Owners and staff where helpful and informative. WE WILL BE BACK!

LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS CAMPGROUND 🤗🤗🤗

Large pull thoughts Horse, pet & desert toy Friendly… Owners are amazing and Scarlett (the Boss) is the cutest kid on Earth.

No amenities, more sexluded

Mid-Basin cove is more secluded than its sister site up the road but much more secluded and enjoyable. Dispersed camping on the beach, fires and pets allowed.

Great mid week dispersed camping.

Pit toilets, calm water, on beach camping. Come during the week for the most solitude. Can get busy on the weekend.

Clean and Clear Water

My husband and I have been coming to Lake Mojave for years. This is our first campground we ever stayed at together. Marina is nice and has everything you’ll need. Water is so clear you can see the fish underneath as you paddle out. We have many favorite beaches outside the marina to paddle to for those hot summer days.

Super clean RV park

Awesome RV park. Paved road, clean gravel sites, beautiful pool, dog park fenced in. Small but big enough for pups to get exercise safely. Staff super friendly and helpful. CLEAN, CLEAN PLACE!

Katherine

Took the back roads fun drive we miss the guard keeper

Lakeside Desert Camping

What can I say. You’re in the desert. Don’t be looking for a shady campsite. The sites are fine with fire pit / bbq, picnic table. Nearby water access and clean bathrooms. Friendly camp host. Great marina with all the bells and whistles. Friendly staff at marina, market and cafe. Dogs not allowed waterside but a nice cove (6 Mile Cove) is just a short drive and dogs allowed there.

Found a more accessible site.

Tried to camp here on May 20, 2019 and couldn’t access the site because it requires a legitimate 4x4 with big tires. It is no joke. Our group of 4 instead followed big wash rd to the top and there was a fire pit already there and a solar panel. Beautiful view of a city. Don’t go if it’s going to be windy, we had to move our tent 3 times but much easier to access in my Chevy Equinox and worth the views.

Perfect location

Perfect place to ride your side by sides or ATV's. Lots of outdoor activities. Friendly staff and guests.

Quick Vegas Getaway

Facilities are clean and spots are plentiful May-September due to the extreme heat. All sites are pull through RV sites that easily accommodate 2-3 tents (4man). Rumors have it they are clearing sites to create a tent only section but it will not be ready until fall 2020.

Until then expect to pay the $20/night + $10 utility hookup.

Like Camping on an John Wayne Movie Set

Halfway between Kingman and Bullhead City, on the western side of the pass, is this BLM land that will knock your socks off!  Many places to pull over for a night or for a week or two along the road. No services, no water, no toilets, just beautiful open desert with quintessential AZ mountains. Closest towns with supplies are Kingman and Bullhead City, about 20-30 minutes from each.

Right next to the Laughlin casino, and everything on the strip!

Nice place to RV if you don't want to stay in the casino. It's right across the street of all the nearby casinos, mall and eateries of all sorts including in and out burger. Basically you can stay in your own home while enjoying all of the luxurious of staying at many casinos and indulging in their buffets.

Cell signal for t-mobile is awesome here!

Nice and shady but too many drugs and druggies

The people that run the place are horrible. I thought it looked like a great place but found out quickly that it was much safer to go somewhere else. Will never use that place again

Nice and quiet.

The campgrounds themselves and the bathrooms were clean. No showers. Only cold running water. No service, but it's just a short walk to the marina where you can get signal or they offer wifi. Each space has a picnic table, fire pit and grill. Not much space between them so it isn't a whole lot of privacy but that wasnt an issue because it wasnt packed while I was there. It was nice and quiet, great view of the stars at night. First come first serve, $20 a night. I would definitely come back again. Downside is there is little to no shade in the grounds.

Remote campground

I love this campground because it's off a dirt road, quiet, and small. Mostly for tents, small groups, or 4x4's. There is a clean vault tiolet with a garbage receptacle. Rv's could get stuck.

ideal For RVs or Tent Campers With Great Wildlife

A stay here is like a stay right in the mountains where you can see everything around you and truly appreciate the atmosphere. Up at this camp anyone can come and enjoy stretching out and enjoying a day or weekend away at a reasonable rate with good company all around you. There wasn't a single camper that I met here that wasn't pleasant, maybe it is that mountain air.

When I visited there were not any events going on here so it was a typical day in the middle of the week, there were still plenty of other campers here but it did not feel overwhelmingly full by any means. I opted for a site without water because there were plenty of spigots around so I didn't figure it was a must have at that moment. My site was pretty basic with a picnic table out of stone and a grill but it was nestled in the mountains and seemed like my own little piece of happiness. Only $17 for my site seemed more than reasonable and I felt like I had plenty of room to really spread out.

This campground has a little piece of history being a part of the jobs created during the Great Depression. At that time they put people to work etching out paths through the mountains, some of those are still in use today and as you hike along the many trails here you are hiking along the path with such an appreciation for the beauty that you tend to forget that this once was a place which reminded people of hope in the midst of tragedy through minimal wages.

While there I checked out the Aspen Peak trail which was awesome and I recommend it as a must see!!

TIPS:

• Sites are first come first serve so get there early on busy weekends.

• Check their site for special events, they often host off road events here because of the terrain in which case sites fill quickly.