Camping in Horse Crossing

Recent Group Sites Reviews Near Horse Crossing, Arizona

551 Reviews of 75 Horse Crossing, Arizona Campgrounds

Steven B.

Amazing

The views are amazing and right there behind each spots, the spots are separated pretty well, and lots of day-hiking opportunities. Take County rd 231 for the nicest roads in. Most other routes are great for 4x4-ing.

Alex S.The Dyrt PRO User

It did the job

I don’t pay for campgrounds too much but needed to for a night here.

Clean bathrooms, clean campground and excellent hosts make this place a winner. The river access also added to the positives of the spot.

My only complaint is that a handful of sites are where you park on the pavement and have…

Alex S.The Dyrt PRO User

One of my favorites

Spent a couple nights up here recently. I’d definitely recommend patience and a vehicle that you’re comfortable hitting ruts, rocks, etc with depending on which route you choose to take into this location.

As for the sites there are a handful of off shoots that go to the edge with the views…

SiteCliff edge
C
Reviewed Jun. 19, 2021

Lots to do around here!

The campground itself is ok. Fairly large sites, lots of trees. No electricity, but water spigots scattered around. Fort Tuthill County Park is huge with an incredible amount of activities: zip lines, adventure courses, equestrian courses, bike and hiking trails, etc. So the place offers a lot…

SiteG1
MThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 18, 2021

Free and Easy, but Hot

Great place for some free camping. Many different spots in the road and gorgeous scenery of Sedona. Bring lots of water and know that there are no bathrooms for a while. Would recommend. Road is rough, but not horrible.

• beautiful sun set
SiteDispersed
N P.
Reviewed Jun. 15, 2021

Pretty Sedona spot with a creek

Walkable to town and lovely appointed gravel sites. Amazing creek access for wading or a little dip. 20 min walk to town. Great wifi and clean WC with nice shower water pressure. Busy but would return!

Michael K.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 14, 2021

Nice Camping

We chose site 10 because it was close to the stream and shady . The hosts warned us about the hammer noise from a water pump close by. My daughter's wanted to be near the water.. we heard the noise,, but It didn't bother us. Good Mountain biking nearby. Just a heads up, Morman Lake is dry.

Jim C.
Reviewed Jun. 14, 2021

Very upscale

Very clean very upscale. Great amenities definitely do again

Month of VisitApril
D
Reviewed Jun. 13, 2021

The views and big sites!!

I've car camped a few other places since my first time camping here last year. Nothing compares. Sites on the cliff side are hard to get but I came up here on June 1 and many sites were open. I guess everyone who came up for Memorial Day weekend had already left. I was lucky enough to get site 35.…

R
Reviewed Jun. 12, 2021

Large Spots

There are large pull through spots and people seem to respect your camping space. Its a wash board about 500 feet in and it smooths out a bit after that. There is fair Tmobile signal here. Saw a humming bird multiple times. They will fly right up to you and stare at you. Nice breezes at…

SiteAbout 1 mile down the forest road.
Ashley M.
Reviewed Jun. 11, 2021

Nice but meh

Was a quiet and respectful campground until my last night when I was truck camping (up at 4am to beat a snowstorm going back to Colorado) and the host double booked my site to tent campers after I had tried to go to sleep.

Melissa C.
Reviewed Jun. 9, 2021

Great views

This campground is free to stay in max of 14days, it’s so quiet and the views are spectacular, not far from the lake if you have a car but too far to walk.

• our little camp friend
MickandKarla W.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 8, 2021

Interesting State Park

Homolovi SP was easy to find off I-40, just follow the signs. We went straight to the campground (CG) as the entry shack was not occupied. We should have gone to the Visitors Center and register first, which we did immediately after setting up, but we had reservations and our site number. The…

• Site 28
  • Site 28, utilities are on this side but no problem reaching them.
  • View of site 28
Roman R.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 8, 2021

Very clean.

Knoll lake campground is very clean and well kept. Designated areas for tents that were raked up. The bathrooms were cleaner than most restaurants.

SiteKnoll lake campground
Raquel R.
Reviewed Jun. 5, 2021

Pretty view and safe

It was somewhat busy, but still quiet. You can faintly hear a train at night. I felt safe in my rooftop tent, but did hear coyotes around midnight. The view was pretty.

SiteWaterfront