About Canyon Lake Marina

Commerical Site, Please call for information, Tel: (480)288-9233, Paved Boat Launch

National Forest
Canyon Lake Marina is located in Tonto National Forest in Arizona
6 Reviews of Canyon Lake Marina
Safe and awesome

I just was at this campground and a issue with showers happened. The security on duty told us he had.a.call into his management. Within an hour the general manage showed and and things were fixed. At 10pm a security guard and the general manager had things operational. I will add that at checked in the guard pointed oit the phone for problems and it worked to perfection. Thanks management! Guard also told us not to have a sleepless because of trouble or.noise especially after 10pm. Those things would.be takin care of ASAP. So if you had sleepless because of noise and did not call for assistants shame.on you not canyon lake. The gentleman i checked in with would corrected the situation.

Worst camp spot I have ever visited

Kudos to the wonderfully friendly guard at check-in. However, Canyon Lake Campground was easily the worst stay I have ever encountered at a camp site and I was quickly reminded why I do not stay at shared campgrounds very often. But the temptation of sleeping next to a lake and the gentle lapping of waves on the shore lured us in. There was no gentle lapping, and because our site was full of trash and because the trash bins themselves for the grounds were overflowing, there was a swarm of bees hovering around the trash can area. And what I later realized was likely a sugar high from their regular soda consumption from the cans strewn around, the jacked up bees hovered around our morning breakfast, coffee, and dinner and buzzed us regularly. One truck down the row of tightly crammed tent sites blared loud music over his speaker (yes just one, the other side was already blown out) for most of the sunset, and the site across from us allowed their chihuahua to bark obsessively at every passerby for quite some time. The group directly next to us slept split between a small tent, the truck bed, and inside of their truck. Hardly the "camping" experience most people generally consider. I highly doubt anyone in that camp ground was out to "experience nature" quite the same way that we were.

The more manicured RV sites were on a grass lawn and all led right up to the water, so I imagine their experience, aside from the shared bees and trash cans, could be quite different than ours.

We couldn't run away fast enough in the morning.

My new favorite spot, close to Phoenix.

There are 28 RV spots and 18 tent sites. There are restrooms and showers, although on a holiday weekend, they can get gross. The view from site C, D, 1-14 is the closest to the water and in my opinion, the nicest sites. There is a beautiful hike just across the road. The views from the top of the mountain are amazing. The water and the views are breathtaking. We had several RV's side by side which helps as the sites are close to one another so if you have noisy neighbors, I could see that being an issue. We had a wonder trip and will be returning in October.

Great little place

This is a nice little gem. Clean and well maintained. We have camped there a few times and stayed right on the water. Fun for boating and kayaking. Most of the year you can enjoy fires at night. There is a restaurant on site that’s having renovations right now. Will be heading back for a 4-day weekend in October!

Right on the water!

We got a site right on the water. It was amazing! Kind of a beachy water front. We able to kayak right from our site! The campground is kind of small and fill up fast. I believe there is a two car per site limit.

There is the restaurant right there also! This is a great place to camp but it cost a bit more than most campgrounds.

Close quarters! Limited space between sites.

We camped there last weekend for our daughter's birthday. Campsites were close and neighbors were partying, drunk, and got in physical and verbal altercations whilst taking over our campsite. My daughter was scared about the fighting and asked to leave as well as her friends left and went home. We called security and they never came nor dealt with the problem. We ended up leaving the sites and it wrecked her party. We didn't even spend the night. We had reserved two sites for two nights and never even stayed to sleep. Poor management if this facility. We will problem never try to camp there again. But it's to bad because the sites are lake front. We wasted a lot of money and never got to camp.