Camping in Highland

89 Reviews of 29 Highland, Washington Campgrounds

Ted
Reviewed Jun. 23, 2021

No way in

Went there at night, hard to find the driveway then looked and there was a new fence across the driveway so couldn't get in

Sitecouldn't get in
BThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 19, 2021

Fantastic

It has been many years since we have been here but its just a fabulous as we remember.

Beautiful campground, clean and quiet, even with the musical voices of children playing.

SiteBitterroot 44
Jaime B.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 17, 2021

Riverfront camping

Camping right on the Snake River with Lewis & Clark Discovery Center. Lots of sites, water restrooms, showers, and fire pits. No hookups.

• Discovery Center
  • wildlife
  • dinner
SiteCottonwood 70
J
Reviewed Jun. 17, 2021

Nice spot by the river

Great camping spot. No RV hookups, but fresh water, restrooms, and showers. Next to river but lots of shrubs. Can walk down trail to access river bank.

Sitec70
Kristina  C.
Reviewed Jun. 10, 2021

Decent Campground

We went during Memorial day weekend which is a very busy camping weekend. It's a cool spot and the drive there is beautiful. It's the only campground in the general area meaning it's the only bathroom nearby. I'm sure the experience would be different if it wasn't a busy weekend. The entire time…

SiteMidway Campground
J
Reviewed Jun. 7, 2021

Great time

Very easy to find campsite. Plenty of space Fe our vehicle, a fire pit and grill area. Just overall a great experience.

Amy S.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 1, 2021

In Town

This RV park is right in town near all the local amenities.  Lots to do here, hiking, boating, swimming.  There are nice shade trees and nice space between campsites.

C
Reviewed May. 25, 2021

Great Park and Campsite

Super helpful staff gave us a sweet campsite. Lots of wildlife around and we were camped close to the trailhead. Great hiking and views of the river and canyon. Definitely going back.

Kendra M.
Reviewed Apr. 8, 2021

A family favorite

Beautiful setting. Nice campsite options, tent, RV, and yurt. Nice place to ride bikes, fish, hike, and relax.

Kelsey G.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 4, 2021

Nice little campground

We stayed in site #4 which was right at the end with glimpses of the Palouse through the trees and lots of space. You could easily set up 2 tents there. It was $15 a night plus $5 for an extra car. Nice campground, clean, trash cans at each site and a pit toilet. There’s a little trail at Kamiak…

Tim T.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Mar. 29, 2021

Beautiful park near Pallose Falls

Awesome park near Dayton and Palouse Falls. Absolutely NOTHING, including cell service nearby, which made this open campground in a winter wheat field absolutely perfect!

The hosts/owners are good people, who are accommodating, and welcoming. Will definitely be back and enjoyed the gem.

Side…

K
Reviewed Mar. 28, 2021

Clean, convenient, near water

We stayed in Birch Loop for 2 nights. This was our maiden voyage so we opted for something close to a city as we were still setting up our camper coming out of winter.

Our spot was plenty long enough, but not as wide as I would have liked. There are two big trees on passenger side that prevent…

Great for day use

I came here to hang out during a logging sports event and I really enjoyed the doc area where I sat with my feet in the water. We did not swim (except my dog), but we enjoyed the landscape and the lush green grass they were growing.

I do want to camp in this park but we were camping at another…

Perfect for hammock!

I really like this campground for hammock camping. I had no trouble finding just the right spot to set up my gear.

This area is not open for winter camping. I have found few that are though.

I found a really nice hiking trail near the campsite and spent most of the day exploring the surrounding…

Clean and private!

The restrooms here are some of the cleanest of the campgrounds in the area.

This camp site is not open year round but I’m not exactly sure when it closes. I came here to do some late fall camping and it was closed.

But I have been here on two other occasions, as it’s close by and often is not…