The best EQUESTRIAN camping near
Dilworth , WASHINGTON

Most Recent Dilworth Camping Reviews
Not really a campground

This area is right next to a very busy I-5 interstate freeway. I have NEVER considered it a camping spot, more like a truck stop or something else. It is just a bare spot to park for the night at most.

Beautiful, clean, friendly

Beautiful park, clean flushing bathrooms. Staff is friendly. Nice, grassy spots. I will be back!

Oasters

Nice campground it’s pretty open but nice and quiet.

Closed until March 2020

Incase you were looking for a winter spot. This isn’t it!

The spot is made for an experienced RVer

It was a quiet place but obviously has a lot of full timers. It took a long time to get set up because of the ridiculously small amount of space I had to maneuver my 33ft RV and my 8ft extended cab truck.

Peaceful, primitive camping!

We have thoroughly enjoyed ourselves every time we have called at Margaret McKenny! The camp hosts Steve and Ginny are helpful, kind and keep it maintained well.

We will be back again!

Solid place, close to comfort

This place is great if you plan to spend most of your time on the river, or trails, but not so much on at your site.  The lots for most tents/trailers and RVs are pretty close together, not a ton of privacy.

On the plus side the river is beautiful, mostly slow, and shallow, and pretty clear.  BUT BRING A LIFE JACKET, accidents happen all the time on this river and I wouldn't put my kids in with out a life jacket.

There are some cool yurts, cabins and platforms for tents on the other side of the river and plenty of hiking. Trails go along the water, and up into the woods behind the campground.  As of now it is clear cut once you get over the ridge.  This is sad in one breath, but gorgeous in very next.  There is wildlife in the area so come prepared (black bears, bobcats, coyotes).

Overall a great place, but like most western Washington campgrounds it's better in good weather by a significant margin.  It may flood in the winter, and when it's rainy it's pretty soggy.

Carnation is a neat small town that the park is at the very edge of.  Plenty of options for groceries and laundry.

Great Spot

Nice clean camping area with easy access to multiple trails and logging roads. Trails are open to hiking horseback riding and motorcycles. Camp ground has multiple horse stalls in a common area. Only open on weekends.

Sites on the Tolt River

It’s right in the floodplain, so it is only enjoyable when it is not rainy season. This campground is south of Duvall, which is an affluent town with shops and things to do. The campground is next to a classy laundromat, and I say classy because it’s probably one of the nicest laundromats in the area that even has a dumpsite for RVs. There’s not a lot of privacy for the campsites. Good location for parking and exploring the east side of Lake Washington cities or access to mountains and hiking on I90.

Well kept camp

We came here around 9pm on a Friday as we couldn’t get any first come spots elsewhere in the area. We don’t have horses but it was a pleasant area to stay in still. Bill came by to check on us and make sure we were settled in okay the next morning which was nice. There is a community fire pit area as well as fire rings at each site. 2 porta potties. We were happy to have found this and glad we could get a site last minute! The area is beautiful and was a good base for a hike and going to the lavender farms in town.