Yurts
County
Tolt MacDonald Park, WA is located in Washington
15 Reviews of Tolt MacDonald Park, WA
Pretty cool

This campground was clean there are alot of rat holes so make sure you keep tents and car doors closed and bring pepper spray there are bears around other then that it is a cool place to camp

Wonderful

Nice spacious lots. Lots of families… riding bikes & walking. Play equipment for the kids.
Showers are free but the water pressure is lacking. But hey… it’s free! 40 minutes to Seattle.

Bridge.

It was quiet and peaceful.

timberfest

Camping in Tolt McDonald park for Timberfest in the roof top tent was better than any previous camping I’ve done there.

I would highly recommend getting a premium site if you can, we set up two ground tents, a roof top tent, and had three cars parked in our spot. We also had a picnic table and a fire pit with room left over.

The music is always the best part of timberfest but there’s something to be said about wandering around the park at night with 100’s of other music lovers.

The food trucks and merch were great as always, but per usual the toilets were not emptied enough for the number of people. The normal park bathrooms are shut down during this festival.

Fantastic

This is a nice little place. The tent sites aren’t great. It’s worth the 10 bucks to upgrade. They were very nice and helpful. Connie is fantastic if you call and book. lots of trees and trails. They have a neat suspension bridge and a trail that leads to the river and one that leads to town. Close enough to town to be convenient, but far enough away that you aren’t bothered by noise. Showers and bathrooms were ok but clean. Loved staying here.

So much fun!

Tilt McDonald park was great! It was close to home, very clean, and very quite. A little spooky, given that it's Halloween season! Will definitely return!

Yurt was clean and warm

spent a night in the yurt. Everything worked.

Questival camp

Love this campground! So beautiful here and peaceful!

cute woodsy getaway super close to the city!

told macdonald is super cute park and campground! they offer the typical primitive campsites with fire pits and picnic tables, as well as yurts and shipping container conversions for those who want more of a "GLAMping" outdoor experience. the campground, park and trails are very well maintained and they even provide you with garden carts to help you get your stuff across the bridge. great spot for steelhead + salmon fishing. we've fished steelhead and pinks out of the snoqualmie river in the past. it's located right smack in the middle of carnation so on a nice sunny day you could walk out of the park to get pizza, ice cream or even mexican food. the suspension bridge is pretty cool, but hold onto your phones tight because it could slip through the holes into the river below. i would rate this place as 4-5 star park / 3-4 star camping since it's not even close to roughing it. those bucolic woods are our backyard.

Ranger Review: Belmont Blanket Hella Good Blanket at Tolt MacDonald Park, WA

Campground Review:

This park is big, beautiful, and very family friendly. I've been camping in this park a few times and the only complaint I have during a high traffic weekend (like a music festival - TimberFest happens here yearly) is that there are not enough rest rooms! There are plenty of huge camping spots that include fire pits, picnic tables, and room for your car. There are also spots with RV hookups if you roll like that. If you venture across the Shakey bridge there are hiking trails, access to the water, and plenty of trees to hang your hammock in. There are also additional more remote camping spots on the other side of the bridge. You can access the water from both sides of the bridge so don't fret! This park is super close to downtown Redmond so if you are looking for an easy trip, or something a little more remote on the other side of the bridge, this is the spot for you.

Product Review:

As a Ranger for The Dyrt I get the opportunity to test awesome products! At Told MacDonald Park I tested out my Belmont Blanket. I've had the opportunity to use my Belmont Blanket Hella Good blanket a couple of times now and it has been a great addition to my trips. The soft side is super soft (and baby friendly) and the waterproof side is great to put down on the grass (or facing up in your hammock) to keep any condensation off of you. The blanket also has a great rustic look to it that all my friends loved. I leave it in the back seat of my car all the time in case I want to go hang out in the sand or grass, or need some emergency warmth. I've owned a couple of other adventure blankets and now that I have this one it has become my go-to blanket. Sleeping in my hammock with it was awesome for an extra layer of warmth - underquilt on the bottom, Belmont Blanket on top! Overall I would highly recommend this blanket to adventurers, campers, and casual picnickers alike. You don't have to be a nomad to enjoy a nice cuddle in this blanket.