the dyrt
Drive In, Boat In
No WiFi
Millersylvania State Park is located in Washington
8 Reviews of Millersylvania State Park
Nice State Park with Plenty to Do. Lake, Hiking, Store.

This is a very nice, typical Washington state park with plenty of trees, greenery, hiking, pathways and even a lake. There's a camp store along with several large outdoor kitchens that would be good to use for groups. Many of the structures like the kitchens and even bathrooms were built back in the 1930s by the CCC, which is pretty cool. It's just far enough off I-5 to not have the freeway noise, but close enough to be convenient. It's also nearby to Great Wolf Lodge if you're looking for a place to stay near there.

On the other hand, the RV sites especially are basically in a big field with a cement road going around it. The sites have tables and fire pits, but no privacy what-so-ever. The tent sites are slightly better, with more trees, but still very close to one another.

The campground also has glamping available (canvas permanent tents) that looked cool.

Super busy without much privacy, but still a fun place

We stayed in the group camp and I can highly recommend it. It had it's own (slightly frightening- not well cleaned, run down) bathrooms. It was set back in the woods with tons of places for tents. The shelter was large and had water and power.

The rest of the campground (the individual sites) were pretty packed in and very full. But the bathrooms over there were much cleaner and nicer.

The beach is the main attraction and it is hopping. We went early in the morning and staked a claim and were happy all day. There is a nice shallow area and two large swimming areas as well as a fishing dock. The lake is small and great for letting kids go out in kayaks or other boats.

Go here!!!

They have glamping! Or as the campground calls it: pampered camping. This is a beautiful park located on Deep Lake just outside of Olympia.  The park itself is huge offering lots of options for campers.  Super easy to get our trailer in and out of the spaces and there was lots of extra parking for our larger group.  A quick walk around the grounds offered a nice hike and showed us some pretty awesome sites Id like to stay at in the future.  They are on a progressive price, meaning depending on the site is what your price will be.

The canvas tent option was one I didn’t know about until I got there.  The tents are cabin shaped and have a few chairs and BBQ grill outside it.  Great option for families.

The park also offers a cottage right next to the lake.  This is a nice alternative to traditional camping.  One thing that was great about the park was the various kitchens around the grounds.  This offers a great way for larger groups to have a set space for meals.

Large, close and clean

Went in the middle of the week and wasn't busy at all. Can tell this place is packed on weekends, being so close to Olympia. Nice swimming area with snack bar. Many of the tent camp sites are not private and right next to their neighbor. Overall a nice place to go during the week.

Fun for all!

There’s camping, hiking, swimming, fishing, and lots more. Mostly I just take my family there to hike the trails. Its beautiful.

A close get away

I have camped here a number of times over the years. This is a nice woodsy campground just south of Olympia, WA located on Deep lake. It has a very old growth forest feel to it. This campground offers many activities: hiking trails, fitness trails,fishing, boat rental, and even a concession stand. The fishing is good for trout,bass, and sun fish. This park offers both hookup and non utility tent sites as well as glamping tents.

Cons: most of the hookup sites are in a field with zero privacy but there are a few that are much better like the last spot I stayed at.

The primitive sites are better but the roads are quite narrow with limited access for RV's.

The "Glamping tents"are very nice but crazy expensive at over $300 a night. Like most of the State Parks reservations book up quickly so it pays to plan ahead

Pros: fishing is pretty good even from shore. The day use area is great but pretty rustic. Lots of trails to hike but not as well marked as I would expect. Really close to Seattle so it is ideal for a weekend getaway Friday after work.

Great car camping for young families

We come here often as we live in Olympia.

Pros: close to the city in case you forget something or a little one has a meltdown, lots of varied activities: biking, light mtb, trail running, hiking, paddling & fishing ( there's a small lake).

Cons: can get crowded and the campsites are pushed up pretty close together so you'll likely get to know your neighbor.

Ranger Review:HellaGood Belmont Blanket at Millersylvania State Park, WA

Great PNW experience minutes from Olympia!

Campground review: First off this is not a primitive experience by any means. However this is a really interesting state park that has something for EVERYONE. The campground itself is separated into 3 separate sections. There is a larger trailer loop down by the main entrance, standard tent camping and lastly "glamping" and yes you heard me right. This campground also boasts a beer garden AND a boat house with kayak and canoe rentals. If this is all sounding a little much I understand. Surprisely though the campground was almost completely filled when we were there and do to it being densely vegetated and how it's laid out. Our campsite was very private and spacious. The campground itself was very clean and well kept and rangers were on regular patrol. It was a great fun local escape for us and our kids loved it!! They also have a few trails but we did not check them out this visit. My only complaint would be the restrooms are few and far between for how large the campground is just know this before your visit. Happy Adventuring!

Gear Review:

HellaGood Belmont Blanket

As a Ranger for The Dyrt, I occasionally get products to test- today I am testing the HellaGood Belmont Blanket. Right away I was surprised by how light weight and extra durable this blanket was. Easy to pack in a backpack and bring to the water front with us and made a great blanket to cozy up under after a few hours of paddling. It was also a great additional play space for our kids at our camp site. The bottom is waterproof and the top is a soft fleece like material so I didn't have to worry about washing it when we got home. In the past we have just brought a beach blanket camping but this is for sure our new go to! www.belmontblanket.com