About Collins Campground

Collins is a quiet campground located along the shore of the Duckabush River. Several of the campsites are near the river. There are 16 campsites, 10 that will accommodate tents, trailers, and RVs. Six of the campsites are tent sites with spurs for parking.

Warning: River contains swift water, rapids, and waterfalls. River is not floatable. Use extreme caution in or near the water.

National Forest
Collins Campground is located in Washington
Directions
From Hoodsport, WA travel US Highway 101 north for approximately 22 miles to the Duckabush Recreation Area. Turn west onto the Duckabush River Road/Forest Service Road #2510. Drive 5 miles to the entrance of Collins Campground which is located on the left side of the road.
2 Reviews of Collins Campground
Great small place

Amazing little campground all sites except for two or on the river quiet clean bathrooms

Peaceful campground by the river

Located on the east side of the Olympic Peninsula, Collins campground is a bit off the beaten path, which was what I was looking for during peak season in August.

The Duckabash river runs along most of the sites. There is a good amount of space between most campsites. Each one has a fire ring and picnic table. I was there the fire season, and while it was hard to escape the smoke pretty much anywhere in Washington, it was as bad at Collins.

I didnt see a campground host while I was there, Im not sure if they usually have one. Most campgrounds in the area were very full and quite busy, so I was very grateful to have found Collins . It Wass quiet and the few campers there were kind, quiet, and kept to themselves.

When driving to the campground on Duckabash road you will pass a cabin on your left side right before the paved road turns to gravel. Apparently that is the oldest structure built on on the peninsula. I thought that was pretty cool!

There are some great trails in the area as well. The Duckabash trailhead is a short drive from the campground and took two great hikes there during my stay. I hiked up river and found a lovely swimming hole, frigid, but beautiful.

I also found a great blackberry patch off the 101 which was so great having while I camped, hiked and in my morning yogurt :)

Cant wait to go back and explore more in the area!