About Middle Waddell Campground

Middle Waddell Campground and Trailhead This ORV-oriented campground offers access to Capitol State Forest's 89 miles of motorized trail. Campground has 24 campsites, and four toilets.

Hike In
Middle Waddell Campground is located in Washington
Directions
Continue west on Waddell Creek Road from Margaret McKenny entrance for 1.2 miles. Turn left .1 miles to site. Get directions.
4 Reviews of Middle Waddell Campground
Fall Camping

This campground is amazing! Our group stayed in loop C and we had a blast. The campground was very clean, even the bathroom :) So many trails all over the campground to enjoy while your here, it was a very quiet aswell. You can hear the shooting at gravel pit but it’s not very loud at all. Also the host is super nice and willing to answer any questions.

I run this ORV Campground, Day Use and Gun Range.

We have 33 campsites, Tent sites and some great pull through sites for Rv's and ORVs, 4 vault toilets that I do my best to keep clean and stocked of toilet paper. I sell firewood bundles with a kindling bundle in the middle wrapped in newspaper for 5 bucks, nice size bundles and/or Gator loads for 20, 15 and 10. I have a garden hose at my site for people to fill water containers and a power pole at my site for airing up mattresses, charging phones, ect. , I sometimes will paint rocks with kids while parents ride ORVs if possible but always have painted rocks hidden in Camp and throughout Capitol Forest and am owner of , Facebook group, Capitol Forest Rocks! #CFR I handout updated copies of Capitol Forest maps and trails, Campground phone number is 360 534 0163.

Motorcycle haven

This is thw campgrpund were you camp if you have or enjoy motorcycles or quads or 4x4s.

LEDlenser MH2 Headlamp at Middle Waddell Campground

Campground

Fairly large campground, free as long as you have a discover pass! Close to town yet still secluded in the woods. Tons of trails for hiking, horses and dirt bikes! Plenty of sites for trailers and tents. Vault toilets, picnic tables, fire rings and water hook ups. The camp host even had free bottled water for guest if needed. There was a creek near by with people panning for gold which was interesting!

Product Review

Being a ranger I get to test some products from time to time! Today's product is the LEDlenser MH2 Headlamp!

This headlamp is very impressive! Certainly the brightest light I have ever explored with. It comes in a very nice package with a charging cord, two different colored lens attachments, a carrying pouch and a battery. My only complaint is that the headlamp itself doesn't fit very well in the carrying pouch but I made it work! It was also a little heavy and I had to adjust the strap to fit my head more often then I would have preferred. The brightness of the light made up for the flaws completely!