Camping in Shortsville

132 Reviews of 11 Shortsville, Virginia Campgrounds

MThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 8, 2021

Perfect for us

For us it was perfect. Lovely trails, clean facilities, the on site host was awesome very helpful. Our site #44 was perfectly leveled park was well kept. There is a Walmart location that's not far away driving distance cute little ice cream shop and a few other local places.

Sitecamp Burson #44
Month of VisitOctober
Cassandra R.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 31, 2021

Neat spot!

This is a really chill spot near Boone. We stayed in one of the tipis, and it was an awesome glamping experience

The bathrooms were clean.

Everyone staying here was really nice and chill. It feels a little hippie which is neat.

If you’re pulling a camper, the road would be a little rough, but…

Roland R.
Reviewed Aug. 3, 2021

Great

Nice, clean campground. Used the primitive camping, everything was well taken care of. The rangers are informative and friendly. The employees, the same. Real nice place to stay.

SitePrimitive campsite
CThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 30, 2021

Whimsical Relaxation

Quaint park tucked away in the hills of VA in Big Stone Gap next to South Fork Powell River. Although our site is right on top of our neighbor, that is NOT the norm. Sites are spaced out with some full-timers, part-timers and vacationers. The owner allowed us to choose our site, and after having…

Julie The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 21, 2021

Natural Tunnel

Had a great weekend at Natural Tunnel State Park. This campground stays booked up but was able to get in on a cancellation for the upcoming weekend. Just happened to be the one day a year the tunnel is open to walk through (it’s an active railroad and closed otherwise).

• trails are well kept
SiteLL09
Zack K.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 18, 2021

Incredible Scenic destination!

We camped here while learning g to roast coffee and it was incredible. It was early November and the colors were incredible. I think we missed peak colors by a week or so. The next week it dumped snow. I hate we missed that!

Month of VisitDecember
Kelly Z.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 17, 2021

Secluded mountain camp

The host at the campground was welcoming and informative! I sadly do not remember his name, but he made sure I had all the information about the mountain camp land & trails and was incredibly hospitable. I wish I had time to spend more than one night so I could have explored the grounds! The…

SiteC-4
C
Reviewed Jul. 14, 2021

Beautiful views and clean bathrooms

We have tent camped and RV camped here. Great site with lots of space and kept up well. Views are great and area is beautiful.

SiteC7
Missy A.
Reviewed Jul. 11, 2021

So peaceful

Enjoyed my stay at the Helton Creek campground. Very peaceful and friendly

M
Reviewed Jul. 7, 2021

Hidden Gem

This is an amazing park.

It was clean, we had beautiful views, people were great.

This is a peaceful place! We can’t wait to go back.

Jacqueline F.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 6, 2021

Secluded spot with super hosts

There isn’t much to look at once you get up there, but it’s still pretty. We had a neighbor nice enough to give us his site because he was leaving early and I would have stayed another night there. It was C3 backed into the woods on level ground. It made for a cozy morning.

• hiking trails after rain brought out wildlife
  • butterfly lookint fungi along trails
  • road up the mountain
Sitec3
Steve P.
Reviewed Jun. 21, 2021

Getting away from it all

I started out coming here with my grandparents in 1978 every summer spending 2 to 4 weeks during the summer up here. Back then it was was all primitive camp sites with no electricity or water hook ups. There were 3 loops with campsites A,B,& C loops each loop had a women's & a men's…

Siteloop B
M
Reviewed Jun. 14, 2021

Nice stop

Very friendly family run campground. Very clean and well landscaped complete with a pavilion and plenty of grills.

T
Reviewed Jun. 12, 2021

Camping in the mountains

Lovely woody and grassy field campground with only electric at our site. The sunrise is beautiful on the big field. The sites are well spaced and fairly level. The bath house had clean and private bathing rooms with great hot water and pressure. There is a place to wash dishes outside as well.…

Ron P.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 20, 2021

Great views

Enjoyed the weekend. Very nice campground. Great pull through spots with great views.

No consistent cell service and no wifi if you need to work. Good excuse to shut down and enjoy the creation.