Camping in Highland Park

112 Reviews of 11 Highland Park, Virginia Campgrounds

R
Reviewed Jun. 15, 2021

Camper reunion

A few of my friends and I try to camp every autumn, and this private campground was perfect! The owners were very welcoming and do their best to work diligently to upkeep their farm and all their campers needs.

• campsite overview.
  • the end of cypress trial
  • bathroom trail

• Friends lead the way.
Month of VisitNovember
M
Reviewed May. 23, 2021

Small state park with great camping

Absolutely enjoy going to Pocahontas! Great campsites. Pretty separated from each other. Very clean. Good bathrooms. Pool and fishing in the park. Good hiking.

Month of VisitFebruary
James T.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 15, 2021

Chickahominy park campground

Sites are level ,outdoor pool ,trails,boat ramps,fishing.you have the Chickahominy river in the James river meeting together. There are nice sites that are on the river. You're near Williamsburg Busch gardens all the outlets.

Site209 was in the open field
laurie M.
Reviewed May. 12, 2021

Love it!

Thoroughly enjoyed our 3 night stay at this park. Spacious, paved, and level sites. Several buddy campsites too.

Month of VisitApril
AThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 11, 2021

MTB trails

One of the best MTB trails I have been.

• FREERIDE
Heather The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 21, 2021

Lovey little campground on the river

This campground is lovely. It’s on Gordon Creek which flows into the Chickahominy- able to rent kayaks, has a playground, a pool, and nesting ospreys, a bald eagle/s can be seen. Undergoing some renovations but still a nice campground. I’d go back.

MThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 18, 2021

Wonderful and peaceful trip!

What a great camp! A small family farm with 5 sites around the property. We chose site 2 for our family of three and a dog and it was the perfect size. The hosts were so friendly, and we were able to walk around and see the chicken coop, small lake, and barnyard with goats and geese. The campsites…

• Stroll through cypress grove!
SiteSite 2
B
Reviewed Mar. 31, 2021

Extenuating circumstances

We arrived on opening day (March 19, 2021) for the season. They had unfortunately been a victim of the rain and the main road to the campground had washed out. Alternative routes were set up to enter and exit. I understand from reading other reviews that they can routinely have problems when it…

Susan P.
Reviewed Mar. 3, 2021

Amazing !

My family used to get day passes during the summer we where unable last year because of covid but it’s an amazing family friendly spot

Cliff B.
Reviewed Feb. 3, 2021

Great place!

I’m bad with names, I must say very nice people I stayed a little over a month here.

L
Reviewed Jan. 18, 2021

Great little spot

Great little camping spot. This was RV only. No tent camping here. There were a few different options for site sizes pending the size of camper/rv you have. Some of the end sites were larger and had a larger fireplace and tables. The standard sites did had a tiny tin bucket for your fire pit. Wish…

N P.
Reviewed Dec. 13, 2020

Lovely and lively

Every camper’s dream spot. Seriously, this modern giant state park has it all: mostly private sites, a paved road for biking, plenty of tree cover( even in winter) a lifetime’s worth of trails to explore, and clean, legit bathrooms and showers. Firewood for sale by QR code, almost total darkness at…

Bridget H.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Dec. 9, 2020

So Much To Do!

This campground is beautiful! We have been here multiple times but have only car camped here one night. This park has trails, a sprayground, playground, camping, cabins, nature center, and picnic areas. I love this park. It really is beautiful. We stayed here one night for a vintage scooter…

E
Reviewed Dec. 8, 2020

Meh!

This campground is definitely for trail bikers and RVers. The campsites fill up quickly. If you do not reserve your spot early, you may be placed near the road, where traffic is an issue. There is not much more to do at this park