No Fires
No Toilets
No Water Hookups
Mallets Bay Campground is located in Vermont
2 Reviews of Mallets Bay Campground
Lovely, quiet place to camp!

While it was a chilly night, we greatly enjoyed our stay here. Right on the water, a nice breeze coming off of the lake, close to everything downtown, but still felt like we weren’t on top of our neighbors. Run by some great people! Highly recommend!

Ranger Review: Croakie XL at Mallets Bay Campground Campground

This is a smaller campground tucked away in the bayside of Colchester. It is adjacent to Bayside park so not only do you get to use the park but also the public park (tennis, picnic tables, and the beach right across the street). The beach is one of my favorite places in Colchester but be careful of zebra muscles, they are all over and can do a number on your feet if you are not careful. The park has great facilities with volleyball nets and a skate park and it is a great area for biking (the causeway is only a stones throw away). I would bring TP to the beach of you do go, many times I have been that has been lacking. The camp ground in general is a great location, close to Burlington and the tourist attractions as well as a drive in theater too. The beach does have sand but there is a nice grassy hill as well.

In addition to the camp ground I have the pleasure of reviewing the XL Croakie and let me say this simple, vibrant (water lilies pattern for those of you who are wondering) is perfect for my summer adventures. It was great on the beach and in the water and retained the glasses beautifully when I was jumping around in the water. I am going to take these on my next paddle trip in hopes that Champlain does not claim another pair of glasses as their own as well! And for those of you who might not like the pattern, check out their website, they have any design you can think of so you can keep your mind on the waves or slopes and less on if you are going to loose your sunnies! (5 stars for sure and the quality is excellent and dries super quickly).