Venable , TEXAS

• Orange Sun

Get 3 Months Free
Most Recent Venable Camping Reviews
Very nice park

Very nice park well maintained we enjoyed our stay here. Restrooms weren’t very clean bit other than that great place to stay

Gorgeous

We stayed early February 2021. Beautiful campground with lots of space in between sites. Roads need some work getting in there and the closest store (gas station) with any necessities is about a 20min drive each way. But we loved the solitude.

Sites were clean, ours had a fairly level pad but the pads aren’t very wide. Ours (site 41) overlooked the water with easy access to the beautiful lake. Great views! They have been and are in the process of clearing trees and brush so the sites look great and there is quite a bit of firewood available to collect. Also offers some sites with decks right off the pad. There are also multiple docks around the site which my children enjoyed fishing from and we docked our kayak at for the week.

Very clean bath houses and laundry (we are full timers so that is always a plus).

We would defiantly return. Great experience

Pretty, free, Easy

The only reason I gave this four stars is because my boyfriend and I stayed in some other campgrounds that were far more beautiful and secluded. Not to say this place wasn’t those things. After a 10 hour drive, this was perfect. We parked our car next to the river, pitched a tent, and packed out. We didn’t use a fire ring or bathroom and I didn’t see either of those, but it was perfect for what we needed (and free!) not hard to find either. Would recommend for sure.

Great camping place.

S Toledo is close to home and a great place to camp. Roads not so good. But it has always been a great camping experience.

Inexpensive and quite

First 6 days without electricity because of the snow storm, water pressure is low but available. Very pleased with campsite, host Billy very helpful. Overall enjoyed our 2 weeks there.

😏

To much people on trucks and boats but it is pretty

Swampy kingdom

We have passed this place several times on trips to other places and finally decided to check it out the first of Nov. We rented a small rustic shelter / cabin. Essentially a slab walls roof with a heater and ac. It did also have a picnic table inside. It was actually perfect for my family of 3. This park was very quiet and was abundant with wildlife. We seen dear, armadillo, racoon, and a fox all close to our site. There were many trails to hike and the park a tally spans two sides of the highway be sure to explore both. This was a great camp for us and we will definitely visit again.

Best camping around!

South Toledo Bend State Park is located near Leesville on Toledo Bend lake. The lake is known for Bass Fishing and is listed as one of the best bass fishing lakes in the country. I’ve also read that the lake has great areas for scuba diving, if you are into that. The park is not far from Fort Polk, and offers nice opportunities for camping, hiking, boating, fishing, kayaking, etc. The campsites are mostly all heavily wooded, and spacious. Plenty of room between sites. They have several waterfront sites with hookups, but the I terror sites were nice also, and most have a lake view. The park has docks for fishing and boat launch, and a fish cleaning station. Theres a nice playground too. There’s also rental cabins that looked really nice. The park was still being cleaned up from hurricane Laura, but was still very nice. The best place to camp I’ve seen around this area!

Wonderful!

Stayed at site 333. Wonderful experience with the family. Lots to do and pet friendly.

Amazing family campground

This campground has been a favorite of ours for a few years. The large pine trees are picturesque against the backdrop of the reservoir. There are plenty of trails and lots of opportunities for fishing, even without using the paddle trails. I would recommend for anyone looking for a relaxing weekend close not too far from the greater houston area.