The best YURTS camping near
Cedarvale , TEXAS

Most Recent Cedarvale Camping Reviews
Huge!

Lots of thoughtfulness in the layout and work of this camp. The trail that goes around the lake truly goes around so it's a trail runners dream. Playground is substantial and well away from cars. Bathrooms could be bigger but are clean. Tons of options and good signage.

And super safe!

Tyler State Park

Stayed here October 9-13, 2020. We got reservations in August. Temps were perfect. 50 types of birds. Rode  all the mountain bike trails. Trails are mostly intermediate with only a few difficult spots.

Great spot right on the water

We stayed for a night in site 40 on our way south. The site was large and right by the water. The bathroom in that little loop had been destroyed by vandals, but there was a really nice one the next loop over. Will definitely stay here again if we’re in the area.

Tent Camping: Everything but peace and quiet, bring ear plugs.

Hear me out :D The Park itself is very beautiful and the staff there are some of the nicest hosts you will encounter at a SP. Bathrooms were clean, and the showers were nice as well. Our issue was that Tent camping is primarily offered on the south side of the park. Which as the crow flies is about 1 mile from I20. So throughout the night the constant rumble of cars on the highway can keep you up most of the night. Then you have the local Emergency Services. Sirens down the park road and on i20. This is the perfect day use SP for the Trails and water sports. Also looks like it would be prefect for RV camping.

10 mile long trail! Mtb/hike

From beginners to people who like to sweat, the trails out at Tyler State park are some of the best in the area. 5 loops to choose from. Loops C, and D have some good uphills for leg burning fun, and the downs are fast. Day trips are only $6, or camp overnight! Great place to get some well needed relaxation. Beautiful park with large sky scraping pine trees and gorgeous flowing creeks. I’ve come here all year round and it’s always a joy.

Lots of stuff to do!

I tent camped and there were alot of trails, alot of activities to do and the water was alittle on the chilly side but was still nice!

No tents on weekends

My husband and I went to this site to scope it out for a weekend family camping trip. We drove all over the park and could not find a designated area for tents. We finally stopped at the restaurant/convenient store/bait shop and asked where are the tent sites. He asked when we wanted to stay and we gave him the dates. He then informed us they do not allow tents during the weekend. Some customers there recommended a different park.

This is a RV park. There is no tent sites. From what we could see a lot of the RVs live at the park. It doesn’t look like a camping site of any sort. It looks more like a trailer park. We were greatly disappointed.

Nice place and people.

Pros- Every thing great, clean restrooms. This is my second visit and I will return. Great little street taco stand in walking distance great breakfast tacos. Cons- check in staff was not wearing mask. Some of the gravel and black top roads need resurfacing.

Great for something close by

Nothing to knock you socks off, but it’s a great campsite close to home and nice for a quick getaway. Has the feel of being somewhat remote since it’s out by the lake.

We’ve camped in the site with the horse stables and put the tents with questionable rain flys in the horse stable.

Good fishing

My husband had a blast fishing there with his buddies and we had a good boat ride but there wasn’t a whole lot for our kid to do. We managed though and we do plan on going back, but we will definitely be bringing more activities for our children. We have gone twice and do plan to go much more.