The best TENT SITES camping near
Huntland , TENNESSEE

Cyber Monday Gift Extended Try Pro Free for 6 Months

Most Recent Huntland Camping Reviews
This small park has been recently renovated and is really nice

The last mile of road before reaching the campground is rather steep and a little sporty, with 2 hairpin curves leading down into the valley. The turn into the campground is a little tight too, but the rest is quite navigable. We were in site C23(one of 4 pull-throughs) for a few days and had that whole side of the campground to ourselves during the week. The pull-through sites are older asphalt and suffer from not being very level, but the new concrete pad back-ins all looked quite level. There is no AT&T or T-Mobile service down here in the valley. Overall, WiFi ranged from pretty good to non-existent, with data rates ranging from 2.6 MB/s down to 0 MB/s. The latter occurring when the park was nearly full, which the office mentioned when we checked in. We had no satellite coverage at our site and there would likely not be any at most of the other sites either. We were not able to get any OTA channels with our omni antenna. There are a couple of moderately strenuous trails in the park, of which Point Rock offers some awesome views of the surrounding valleys and bluffs

Ok for an overnight

This park is very run down. If it weren't for how nice the lady was and the super sweet dogs, I'd give it two stars.

Pros: -Easy to get to if you come in/out from 99, and not terribly difficult if you come the other way (through the state park entrance) -Sites are big and even -Only a few minutes away from town where you can get groceries, find restaurants, and a couple big-rig friendly gas stations. -Full hookups -Not crowded, so it's very quiet. There's a train track nearby, but it didn't wake me at night -Free firewood! -Online reservation system works well -Had to adjust my reservation because of engine trouble, and was able to call and make the change with no difficulty

Cons: -Multiple RVs that look like they've been broke down there for years -Weird random toilet and a bunch of junk in the check-in station -No one AT the check-in station, and with no cell service I just had to sit there for 20 minutes for someone to come around, so I definitely don't suggest staying without a reservation (I had one) -No service for TMobile and almost none for Verizon (was told at&t works, but I can't verify)

Things that could've just been me: -Couldn't get the water to work (I've never used an underground water connection before) -Couldn't get my furnace to work (again, could have been me, but it worked at the site before and the one after 🤷‍♀️) so I had to use a space heater and pay an extra $2.5/day. It was still freezing at night

Things that might bother other people: -There's a few large dogs allowed to roam off leash. Didn't bother me in the slightest, I love dogs and they were so, so sweet and knew all the basic commands. Very well mannered and playful but they'll bark when you drive by. If you have dogs that aren't friendly to other dogs or if you're afraid of even friendly ones, this probably isn't the place for you. -No laundry, public showers, or restrooms. Not an issue for me as I have all that in my rig, but if you don't it could be a problem if you plan to stay long term.

All in all, I'd definitely stay there again. It's not the Ritz or anything but it's fine if you're just passing through for a night or two.

Great Camping for all types of campers

I’ve used my hammock in their “hammocks only” sites and I’ve done the hike-in backcountry sites and love this place. As a resident of the Franklin area, it’s super close to get away for the weekend.

Does not exist.

I was sent to the middle of a subdivision. I do not believe this place exists.

Beautiful mountain top camping

Monte Sano is one of our favorite places to get away for the weekend. The staff is super friendly!!! Nice campsites, clean bathhouses, and campground usually stays pretty quiet at night. Beautiful night views of city lights from several camp spots. Park also has a nice Japanese garden, planetarium, hike / bike trails, and scenic overlooks. Just minutes from downtown Huntsville!!!

Very pretty park

Very pretty park for a weekend getaway. Good pads, but short, very few can accommodate 30’. Several good hiking trails.

Primative sites offer lots of space, but little privacy

Our site was massive, but was situated right next to park entrance and major hiking thoroughfare.

Our site had a place to park and a fire ring that was full to the rim of coals and half burnt logs. It didn't take long to clear it out, but the pit was extremely muddy and lighting a fire meant a ton of smoke. No picnic table here.

The best sites were along the ridge, but are divided into AB sites. So you are sharing basics amenities with a neighbor. This site design seems to be suited for families or groups, but if you are wanting a site with a view you are kinda stuck. Not all of the improved sites are suitable for tents.

Their staff is A+ if you have never been, call ahead and book over the phone. The staff know this campground well and can steer you in the right direction every time.

The lower score comes from the park being rough around some of the edges. The CCC museum is a small shack, not really worth your time. The Northern Alabama Japanese Tea Garden is a bit of a head scratcher to say the least. There is a disc golf course the plows through the middle of it and the trails (while peaceful) lead you off to the main road.

We had booked two nights here, but decided to move on after only one night.

(Sadly didn't have time to take pictures, but the leaves were beautiful.)

Leaves were in peak color, the temperature was 65 all day and night due to wind and was a really pleasant

Nice Primitive Campground

Trying to get into campground during afternoon hours maybe challenging to bigger RV units. Foster Falls parking does get full, can overflow towards campground even though it says registered campers. We had a pop up so we were able to pull thru at out site #9. Many sites are bigger pad sites for tents & can still have room left for relaxation. Bathroom was aged, did have shower.

Good not great spots. Awesome nature

We went to the state park for the weekend. Stayed in the A area which we were told had sewer (it does not but it’s very close to the dump station). Spots were average for a state park. The store at the front has a good variety of anything you might want/need. But, the views, the facilities, and the trails were awesome. Can’t beat lake Guntersville for beauty and nature.

Perfect RV stop

We stopped here for a night and made reservations on the fly. We called at 6:30pm and were told there would be a list of available spots and a drop box for fees. We got in the spot pretty easily and woke up to the most gorgeous view over the water! Cant wait to stop for a couple days on our way back home and explore. Friendly people, very clean bathrooms and showers, great hookups, and quiet!