This map requires WebGL
Please update your web browser or enable WebGL to view the map.Troubleshooting Info
This Black Friday Try Pro Free for 6 Months
Plan 5-star camping road trips with PRO Trip Planner.
Find free camping on public lands with PRO Map Layers.
Roam freely with PRO Offline Access and PRO Map Downloads.
Save on camping reservations and camping gear with PRO Discounts.
Overall a decent spot if you’re just looking for a safe place to sleep right near I-40. But not recommended if you’re looking for a peaceful spot to enjoy a vacation.
- extremely easy to get to and right off I-40 so minimal added time to trip
- full hookups and they were well situated on the pad
- pretty level spot
- KOA so you know what to expect, and the check in process is really easy - especially after hours
- cable hookups - though we didn’t try it so not sure how good it is
- WiFi - but pretty weak at least from site 14
- Extremely loud traffic noise - you really couldn’t get closer to the highway unless you were park on an on-ramp (see video if you don’t believe me 😉)
- spots are very close together (but pretty typical for a KOA)
- it was pretty full for a week night so it may be hard to book day of on the weekend
This place has been totally rebuilt by the TVA after flooding in 2019. I don't know what it was like before, but wow it's really nice. All the sites are level, plenty of room for a tent and RV on all 92 sites. Close to some great golf & BBQ, fishing,& Shiloh Battlefield.
The perimeter sites are roomier, offer more privacy than the interior ones. Bathrooms and shower houses spotless.
We visited Tishomingo State Park in May, 2020. Generally, the park was ok. While the pads on the camper sites were level, almost all of them had a serious drop off almost immediately, so it was almost impossible to enjoy sitting under the awning near the camper. The facilities were closed due to Covid-19. The hiking nearby was fabulous, make sure to see the swinging bridge.
We visited this park in late June. The campground and park was immaculate! Sites were level and easy to back in. Bathrooms and showers were wonderful. The staff was super friendly, and the area was wonderful! Make sure to go visit the Amish. We had a great outdoor class to learn about snakes, hiked the trails, and enjoyed the falls. We look forward to going back to this gem again!
This campground is located in our hometown of Florence AL and is a Gem of a City Campground. It is a staple as far as local campers are concerned because of its serene setting while at the same time being so coinvent to so many wonderful attractions. Only a mile or two from some wonderful local restaurants and retail as well as being convenient to the Cities of Sheffield, Tuscumbia and Muscle Shoals, all of which are 5 miles or less. Its a beautiful setting along the Tennessee River (Pickwick Lake). Boat launches, picnic pavilions, frisbee golf, fishing pier and a beach in the same park. Wonderful place to watch sunsets and Sun Rises on the River