The best EQUESTRIAN camping near
Blockhouse , TENNESSEE

Most Recent Blockhouse Camping Reviews
This made me sad.

I live not far from here and we camped at site #3 we picked up so much trash in and around our site that it was sad.

Clean, bear proof encouraged

Walking distance to light hiking. Very clean campgrounds. They even have a small house with running water to clean your kitchen pots and pans etc. There is a water refill station and plenty of bear approved garbage bins. Fishing is open year-round. Rhododendrum‘s bloom In June. We had a great experience!

My Favorite Smokies Campground !

Best Campground in The Great Smokies National Park! Sites are private, most are very wooded, they have tables, fire rings and usually paved tent pads. The showers are nice and clean and the river runs right through the campground so many sites are next to it and the sound is WONDERFUL!!!!

Our first KOA

As the title describes, this was our first KOA experience. We usually stay at State Parks. Well it had rained the day we arrived and evidently the past few days because the camp was very muddy. The first site they tried to put us at was all grass and mud. No pavement or gravel. We had our 27’ 5th wheel camper. I kindly asked for a better site and they worked with us on a “better site”. 277 was our new site and it was also very muddy BUT did some enough concrete to set up the camper decent enough. The weather finally improved Monday and things started to dry up. The kid activities and the pool were nice and we enjoyed those. The mobile shower trailer was a no go for us because they were very dirty. We probably won’t come back here.

Stunning views

Spent three nights tent camping here and it was absolutely stunning. Most trails in the smokies aren’t dog friendly so we didn’t do any hiking but just driving around there were so many scenic stops! Campsite and rangers were amazing. If I had to complain it’s just that there are no showers.

Nice place

Stayed here for two nights in late March. The area recently received a lot of rain so the creek was pretty high and fast flowing. There were several marked campgrounds along the creek and a small site further down the road for $15 a night. I stayed at site 4. Sites were very spaced out and mine was fairly clean when I arrived. My only complaint was there were cars frequently driving by throughout the night on the dirt road. Other than that, really enjoyed this place.

Has stream running through it and had a nice walking trail. You can go on a horseback ride through the trails here.

Love this smokies campground

Great smokies campground. Nice walking trail and beautiful scenic loop to drive. Along the drive there are historic buildings and cemeteries. Tent sites were too close together. Not enough privacy

Quiet River Side

We enjoyed a River side site during the off season and during the week. Was very quiet and enjoyed the River. Dogs barking across the River, but how can you control that? Would love to see this place in full summertime mode, but it will have to wait!!

Beautiful River Retreat

Riverside spots were a special treat. Great view, friendly neighbors, clean facilities. Pretty quiet in early March. WiFi was not fast enough to work but nearby coffee shop was cute, comfortable and accommodating! Although it’s right off the main drag, felt pretty secluded back by the river. Would’ve stayed longer if we didn’t have to switch sites.