Camping in Dogwood Heights

633 Reviews of 113 Dogwood Heights, South Carolina Campgrounds

Jennifer K.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 13, 2021

Very secluded

First time there, and it was very relaxing. Super quiet at night which was nice. Sites spaced out and very well kept. Lake was very clean where we were.

• view of the lake from site 10
  • water access site 10
Month of VisitOctober
Erik G.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 12, 2021

New to the area and I will be back

I went mountain biking from the campground and had an awesome stay. The river was nice to have close to the site and it was a fun spot to stay. I have a rooftop tent and it opened up easily in the site I stayed and it looked like you wouldn’t have an issue in most of the car sites there for…

Nicole L.
Reviewed Sep. 9, 2021

Nice sites and prices

A regular campsite is $20 a night for a tent. Their group campsite was open for $26 a night so I got that instead! 😄

Daley B.
Reviewed Sep. 2, 2021

Great condition State Park!

We went for the first time last Labor Day. Not a ton to do but super relaxing. There is a beach area and a hiking trail. A lot of the sites are in great shape.

My fiancé had Verizon and had signal but my family was on AT&T and had very limited service.

We are going back this weekend for…

Month of VisitOctober
RThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 1, 2021

Best Primitive

Love this area. It can get a little crowded on weekends but overall you can find some pretty nice spots up and down the trail. Trout fishing, rafting, tubing and hiking. everything the primitive camper might want. No bathrooms available.

Nate G.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 29, 2021

Hiking trails are nice- bring a boat for the best time

The hike in tent sites are excellent. The walk is well worth the work, ive heard the boat in sites are even better. We camped in January and it was cold enough to surprise us with snow a few nights but warm enough for t shirts in the afternoon. Bring extra gear. The fishing from shore is decent but…

SiteT15 & T16
Month of VisitFebruary
bThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 27, 2021

❤💙

Perfect primitive camping spots. There are streams near bottom of the mountain and the road does loop all the way around. The second entrance is about 9 miles from the first on the main road (276) which is right before cradle of forestry. We decided to go to the top. Water does run off from the top…

SiteAC-10
Alfredo B.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 25, 2021

Tent camping

Excellent tent camping for family. I came with my pregnant wife, my 10 month old baby, my brother and my sister in law. It was such a great experience, amazing place. Definitely worth the experience.

Sitetent #8
Jim J.
Reviewed Aug. 24, 2021

Great location tired bath house

This park is on the Lake Russell a large lake with 540 miles of shore line and almost no houses. Great for fishing, swimming and kayaking. A huge well maintained beach and two playgrounds for the little ones. A very popular park.

Kenny W.
Reviewed Aug. 18, 2021

Nice little campground but very tight camp spots

Nice campground, staff was friendly, amenities are as advertised. The only thing I didn't care for was how close the campsites are, virtually no privacy and the campground was pretty busy during my stay.

If you get a tent spot you will not have access to anything on your car like an awning or…

Sitetent
Jessica G.
Reviewed Aug. 18, 2021

Fun

Family friendly fun and a perfect trail start up spot

Sitedavidson and mills river
DThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 12, 2021

Spectacular Views

Spectacular views, convenient to town and friendly staff onsite if you need anything. Not many places you can enjoy the lake, trails nearby, and a concert all right there.

Jason R.

Ok not great

Everything was good except the tent sites were on top of each other... way too close

Site?
Month of VisitNovember
Noah S.
Reviewed Aug. 9, 2021

Nice site right next to creek

This site was perfect being right next to the water. Only problem is the main flat area is on the other site of the creek but other than that it was a beautiful spot.

• 2 minute drive to courthouse falls
Siteon a turn right on the creek
Noah S.
Reviewed Aug. 9, 2021

Big open site next to creek

Plenty of space for groups or even just to have some tucked back privacy. Only bad part was there was trash everywhere when we got there.

Sitecreekside