Camping in East Ararat

163 Reviews of 34 East Ararat, Pennsylvania Campgrounds

D
Reviewed Jul. 22, 2021

Awesome

This was a very Pretty campground met All of my family needs and they have a camp store with everything. I would def be back

Alexandra T.
Reviewed Jul. 21, 2021

Do not recommend

I would not recommend this campground. Please be aware that 148 -149 sites are located near a small pond and not an actual lake as shown on pictures. The area 148-153 sites is located right next to the Roosevelt highway and it makes it impossible to enjoy nature and silence due to the trucks and…

Site149A
Reviewed Jul. 20, 2021

Great place to camp 😉

Well I'm staying at promise land state park for the 3 rd time it's a great place to visit and camp out or with your RV or Pop Up . Thiers the lake beach near by plus thier pet friendly .Has lots of commendations for campers it clean an nice an peaceful .Do recommend if you like camping 🥾

• My view where I set up my pop up camper 😅
SiteSpot location 100 close to lake and restrooms plus they have free showers ' and price is reasonable not 🚫 expensive at all good rates ! 👍
Reviewed Jul. 20, 2021

At promise land state park

Well I'm at promise land again for the 3 rd time .Got a nice spot by the lake and it nice an cozy .Beach ⛱️ land is near by and very quiet and relaxing 😎

• my great camping spot it awesome 👍😎
  • All set up by lake ' night view 😊
SiteSpot 100 where you can park your pop up or camper and the view is awesome and great ' plus the restroom 🚻 are close an 🐕 friendly 😁
Eli D.
Reviewed Jul. 15, 2021

Almost perfect!

This campground was very scenic and clean. The only thing holding me back from giving 5 stars, is there weren't enough bath/shower facilities, there are plenty of port o' potties though . The tent sights are the small side(about 15'x35') but the atmosphere is relaxed and you are surrounded by shady…

Sitetent sight 6.
Gary O.
Reviewed Jul. 14, 2021

Family friendly state park

Moderate trails and Nice beach and lake front swimming area

Sitedeer field camp grounds

1st pop up camping trip

Well we stay at knee lake had lots of fun plus they have a swimming pool and thier pet friendly .

• This was our spot by the lake .
  • View of lake where we parked at camp site.
Site119A

1st camping trip of the year

Well we stayed at Knee lake what a beautiful place for camping 😊 We stayed 2 days with a swimming pool and lake plus pet friendly !

• This was our spot 🙂
Site119 A

2nd Pop Up camp trip

Well we're staying at promise land state park to camp again for 2 days has a beautiful lake plus lots of nature trails .

Site119 A

Our 1 st pop up trip

Well a couple of weeks ago me an my wife plan a 2 day stay at knee lake it was beautiful and lots of fun plus it wasn't far from our home in pa .

SiteWe pick spot 119 great view of the lake
Tina The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 12, 2021

Great family campground

This place only gets 4 stars because I thought we were going to have water and electric hook ups. They only have 2 kinds of sites, modern electric (only electric) and primitive. They have a potable water station and dump station and very few sites with electric hook up. They also have specific pet…

SiteA07
k
Reviewed Jul. 11, 2021

Decent spot

I ended up arriving 25 minutes late. I drove through 45 minutes of heavy thunderstorms. When I pulled up, the counter girls ride was being passive aggressive obviously mad that I was holding her up. I tried my best to be in and out quickly. The counter girl was fantastic and sweet. I had a…

Cassandra C.
Reviewed Jul. 7, 2021

Roomy sites

We had a great night at this campground. Overall it's a pretty large campground, and there sites were a nice size. We were there on a weeknight and basically had the primitive area to ourselves.

Guy M.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 7, 2021

Very Nice, Neat & Well Done

We were Motorcycle camping and came in on a Holiday weekend without a reservation. But we were given a terrific tent site. The park was very neat and well manicured. Bathrooms were fairly nice, but no TP mid day. The sites were a little close to each other and where we were in the park was a mixed…

• Firewood close to the park
  • Nice picnic tables
  • Great fire ring with adjustable grill