El Dorado Lake, OREGON

Camping Oregon El Dorado Lake
Most Recent El Dorado Lake Camping Reviews
Nice area and plenty of activities

It's a nice area, but has been overrun with homeless people and garbage.

Wide open large sites

Great campground, easy to get in and out with level sites. Facilities were nice, right on the river, close to town. Would stay here again if in the area. No complaints

Beautiful Oregon lake.

North Waldo has great beaches. Some of the sites are huge. Many are lake front.

Cleanest Campground

One of my new favorites.

Pretty campground

We stayed on a Sunday night so there weren’t many people. Our site was next to the creek and it was a short walk to the lake. Sites aren’t close together. Would like to go back.

Ranger review: Banner and Oak Baseball hats at French Pete campground

Ranger review of Banner and Oak Baseball hats at French Pete campground, Oregon.

As a Ranger for the Dyrt I have the pleasure and opportunity to test and review product every so often, this is my review of the Banner and Oak "Sierra" and "Nebo" baseball hats; conducted at French Pete campground off hwy 126 in Oregon.

Campground Review

French Pete campground is a smaller, somewhat primitive campground located in Oregon, Off hwy 126 and the Aufderheide forest road #19. It has less than 20 sites, two pit toilets, water and trash services and costs less than $20 per night. They also offer wood sales from the onsite camp host. French Pete is not a year round campground, and does not offer full hookups.

My site, #16 was in the rear off the grounds right on the small river that feeds the Mckenzie. It being late August the river was low, but you could tell that if you stayed in spring during the snow melt, the river would come right up to your "doorstep" or tent step; if you will.

Within the campground there is not much for the kids other than enjoying nature and learning the outdoors. Up hwy126 though, you will find many hiking opportunities and waterfalls such as Tamolich blue pool, and Sahalie/Koosah falls. They are some distance from the site, but are highly suggested for anyone who enjoys the scenery Oregon has to offer. If you don't want to venture too far, there is the French Pete trail across from the campground, and just a ways back down 19 is a very popular (clothes optional) "Terwilliger" hot springs.  Just be ready, as this is the most popular hot springs around this area.

Overall a decent campground off the beaten path, I suggest bringing all your necessitates with you as it is a trek to get back to services and would break the solitude that this campground offers.

Product review

**https://bannerandoak.com/collections/hats?gclid=CjwKCAjwzdLrBRBiEiwAEHrAYkMK0KP-YclvbaiBT0CkYv8WHgI2EaDywGGzLmmeX9GR68j7oJOEbhoC9H0QAvD_BwE

Banner and Oak are U.S.A. based and everything is made here as well. They offer clothing geared towards the outdoors and have a small selection of apparel based accessories.

I chose the "Nebo" baseball hat; named for the mountain, and the "Sierra" baseball hat; not sure of the origin of that name…

Both hats are ol' school snapback, with high crowns and a slight curve to the bill. Personally I prefer fully curved bills like I used to wear playing baseball. You can hand curve these to fit your style, but I noticed that they don't hold a curve too well. No biggy, just means I have to re-curve each time I wear them.

They are very well made, with stitched on patches and outdoors inspired logos. I have received many compliments on how they look and how they fit. I recommend checking out their site to see if you can find a style you like, you wont be disappointed.

Beautiful and clean campground on Waldo Lake!

Clean campsite on Waldo Lake with several restroom facilities and clean drinking water! Mosquitos weren’t bad in late August when we visited either!

Perfect Location

Great location on the N.Umpqua. We used this as home base for our Crater Lake exploration weekend. One of the most diverse campgrounds I’ve experienced. Drinking water, flush toilet, hot shower and very friendly and knowledgeable Camp Host. 11 spots that are spacious and even though you’re right off the highway it feels secluded and is very quiet overnight. Access to boat launch and recreation area on N.Umpqua. 5 miles away from put-in site for boat/kayak tours. 11 nearby waterfalls to easily access and explore- such a gem of a campsite!

Relaxing spot

Enjoyed the bass ponds. The beautiful Umpqua River was right across the highway. Good spot if you like to fish.

Clean & Near McKenzie River

More of a motor home campground, although there were some tents. Nice dog park at entrance.

Pretty quiet.

Great family campground

Great service and a great location, this place has it all

Great spot

Perfect location and great amenities. Right next to river. Has showers, restrooms, pool, quite, WiFi, and even $1 self serve ice cream.

Nice family centric campground on Dorena Lake

The Baker Bay Campground and Marina is a county park outside of Cottage Grove, Oregon. It has a boat launch and boat rentals. There are several huge inflatable water structures in the bay which kids can play on for a fee. The concession stand is currently under construction however there is plenty of green space for picnics. There is a large play structure, horseshoes, and a sand volleyball pit.

Great site for families with kids.

Decent main restroom and showers however, the vault toilet near the main camping spots was the WORST I have ever been near. I can't imagine how people near the toilet could stand being there - especially in the heat of the summer.

Secluded riverside hideaway

This campground in the Willamette National Forest is like a fairy wonderland, especially if  you snag one of the secluded spots toward the cul-de-sac at the end. The river is nearby; some campsites are even closer. It's pretty rocky, but nice to put your feet in after a long hot hike. The bathroom is well kept and firewood is available from the camp host at one of the other campsites he oversees in the area. It's a short drive to multiple beautiful trailheads, including some that take you into the Three Sister Wilderness. It's also a short drive over to Cougar Hot Springs. ($7 a day)

3.5/5 - not bad for a quick getaway

The website was not kidding about not following the directions through Google Maps. The last 9 miles to the resort was really trying - the roads were narrow, twisty and winding. If you are probe to car-sickness, go slow. I took extra precaution and dabbed essential oils on myself and my children.

Our pull-through site was in the Upper Marina, #22. If you have an extra canopy for camping, I'd suggest you bring it. It got really HOT when we were there. The good news is once the sun sets behind the trees, around 6pm, it makes eating dinner at the picnic table so comfortable and cooling.

My husband and children perused the bathroom/shower facilities which was just across from our campsite. He said it was spacious - a shower + private bathroom + sink setup and wide enough for a family.

Access to the swimming beach/boat launch is just a short 3 minutes walk. You just have to exercise caution because you will be crossing a main road (cars and big logging trucks rumble along often enough during the week).

The swimming (sandy) beach is cosy (read: tiny). There are no lifeguards on duty but enough trees offering shade for parents/families to sit back and keep watch.

You would have to drive back 5 minutes down the road to visit the Lodge for supplies or ice. The Lodge also provides some light refreshments* (deli sandwiches and ice-cream).

Our site offered full hook-ups including cable (limited channels). WIFI* was a disappointment though - we had to create an account for a complimentary hour of WIFI usage every day. Together with the zero cell reception, it renders us completely off the grid. It's great really to totally relax your mind and body but it is worrisome for that what-if's scenarios.

*Ice-cream was very pricey for the single not-generous scoop in a plastic cup that we bought for each of us. Because of the steep prices and WIFI availability (you have to pay if you want to get connected), I could only give a rating of 3.5/5 stars.

Otherwise, we had a great time at the RV resort. The sites are appealing for huge family reunion (we witnessed such a reunion during our trip). We will be back! 😊

We are a family of 4 (2 young boys with no pets). We traveled with a travel trailer.

North side

Choice of forest service camp sites or a few first come first serve beach spots. The lake is beautiful and easy to navigate with the KOA and store on the southwest side. Mosquitos are going away with the recent heat that has come across the west coast. The lake offers fishing, boating, camping, paddle boarding, etc…

Relaxing

Lake in the woods is a small lake with small but accommodating camp sites stationed all the way the lake. Mosquito season is about over making the trip more enjoyable.

Camp

Beautiful small lake with several camp sites stationed around the lake including the snow shelter that takes reservations throughout the summer months. The sites cost $8 per night. The mosquitoes are still awful but are worth the views and paddle boarding opportunity.

Really cute & quiet

Only stayed a night! Spots are easy to find and it’s a super quiet campground. Only downside is some spots are right next to the road. Really nice and clean spot!!

This was a beautiful place. The deluxe yurts made a really easy first camping trip for my husband and kids. The downside is there’s only 2 restroom locations and 1 shower location for the whole park and marina. There was a couple of portable potties, too, thankfully. The swim beach is small and the water is muddy, but the kids loved it. We rented a boat from the marina and spent most of one day on the water. Every single staff (office, marina, etc) here was so pleasant to interact with - that was awesome! Such a pretty, quiet and nice camp.

Can’t wait to go again!

The campground is beautiful. Our site was next to a trail that lead 150 feet down to the lake where there was a bench on a rock outcropping which was a great place to enjoy my morning coffee and watch the sunrise! We’ll definitely be going back again very soon!!

Incredible experience

We had the group site B for shit 15 people and it was absolutely stunning. Plenty of room for all of our vehicles. Plenty of space for all of us to spread out with tents, long picnic tables to accommodate meals and cooking, and two fire pits. The rushing river is alongside and below the cliffside. Next door to bathrooms and a HUGE gorgeous meadow. Plenty of trails, a waterfall, and relaxation at its finest. Will definitely be returning.

Decent site

The road into the campground was narrow and winding. The swimming area was closed due to low water level, but there were other spots to access the lake. No alcohol allowed. The turn around would be difficult for larger trailers.

Seems more like a parking lot not a campground

Not super geared toward tent camping, if you have an RV or trailer it may be better. Super open with sites right on top of one another.

Amazing place but filthy

This place is breathtaking, however there was a literal human shit sitting right outside one of the hot springs. Very filthy and overrun with people

Well off highway...

About a mile off the highway so no noise to overtake the roar of the North Umpqua. Numerous spacious sites, many right on the river. No bugs early July.

Wonderful Campgrpund

Maybe the best showers ever… extra nice campground along the North Umpqua. Many sites riverside, but from all the sounds of the river can be heard.

Fun Little Camp

My husband and I spent one night here for a short get away. We were lucky enough to get spot number 4 which is right by the river. It was a super peaceful little site with a hot spring and hiking trails not too far away.

Plus side, the toilet was the cleanest one I have ever seen at a campsite!

Great canopy, near river!

Huge sites, ample tree coverage, near river and trails! All sites are walk up this season only - while transitioning to Linn County management. I’ll be back !

great campground.

River Bend Campground is a very nice park close to home. has direct access to the south santiam river for swimming and fishing. Close to Foster reservoir for lake activities. Love this campground