The best DRIVE IN camping near
Thomas , OKLAHOMA

This Black Friday Try Pro Free for 6 Months

Most Recent Thomas Camping Reviews
Literally a cramped expensive parking lot

Asked for largest pull through with easy access for a 44’ 5th wheel and got a spot in front of office with a electric pole on the corner. No way to pull in with out using 2 spots and several point turn. The trailer hung over both ends of spot without the truck attached. And yes it is a paved parking lot, place to spend night but should have stopped in a rest area on 40

Awsome place

Great place to stay, lots of hiking, perch fishing for kids,full hookups ups great spots with shade,maybe y’all can find Oklahoma’s rock the rose rock,good luck

The NICEST RV Park I've Ever Seen

We visited Wanderlust Crossings RV Park in late October 2020 in the aftermath of a major ice storm that swept across Oklahoma. When we arrived we learned that they had just suffered a power outage from the ice storm and they asked us if we wanted to stay or if we wanted them to cancel our reservation. Just from seeing the cleanliness of the main office / store, it was a no-brainer that we would stay. Honestly, this RV park is the absolute nicest one I've seen, especially considering that there really isn't an attraction or naturally beautiful landscape to make up for shortcomings that you may find elsewhere. This park made me want to be an investor with the owners because they've definitely figured out how to run a tight ship. The sites are huge and well spaced out. The landscaping is freshly maintained. All of the buildings are new and have a modern industrial decor. I wish we had the opportunity to stay longer than two nights. Everything about our experience was pleasant - even in the absence of electricity for much of our stay!

Oasis in the Plains

Roman Nose is a popular State Park with many activities to keep you entertained & beautiful scenery. We stayed at RV Site #39 at Two Lakes & enjoyed our stay. It was a clean site with full hookups, picnic table, fire pit and spaced well from the other sites. Traffic was heavy because of the nearby General Store, fishing dock and one trail head to Inspiration Point. If we returned, would stay at #40, but #37, 38 & #39 are good sites.

Cedar Cove had water & electric and seemed to be the sites with least traffic & felt a bit more peaceful.

Canyon Vista is very crowded, open & only for those that enjoy knowing their neighbors well. When we walked by, it felt like a huge party, everyone seemed happy & enjoying their time.

Bitter Creek RV Area & Bitter Creek Tent Area are separated from the hustle & bustle, however the RV area is very open & very visible from the main road. It is good for very big RVs.

The Spring Loop Trail with the Spring Pavilion & the old OCC Pool is a must & so is the Inspiration Point Trail. Inspiration Point Trail is a moderate trail with some steep grades.

Quiet, quiet!!

6 miles South of I-40 and just at the edge of Hinton, OK is a small canyon with red and ochre colored walls. Stayed here on a week day so just a few campers here. Well spaced parking pads, 30 amp, water, cooking grill, large fire ring and picnic table for $30. Shower and restroom building adequately clean, but could use a new coat of white paint. Staff were very helpful on phone and in person. It appears to be a well run place. Worth the 6 mile drive from i-40 and a respite from wall to wall sites at some RV parks.

Quiet respite!

Ducking off i-40 to the North, Foss State Park was a great place to stay the night. Larger town of Clinton, just SE of the park.
Concrete pads, water, 50 amp, picnic table and a great (grate) fireplace. Small trees shade the pads. Dark night sky, except for small city lights to the North. The communication from the Park station was pleasant and responsive to inquiry. A little windy, but typical for OK. Worth the short drive from i-40.

Great Hosts

This is a small, but comfy RV park with full hookups (30/50amp), bath house and laundry facilities. There is also a common fire pit. The place is located on historic Route 66. Close to the I-40, but far enough away that the passing traffic would bother you. The hosts, Danny and Virgina, are the nicest people you will ever meet. I am a brand new RVer and had problems backing my trailer into one of the slips. Virgjnia was nice enough to back the trailer in for me. I will deffinitely stop by again whenever I am in Hinton/Bridgeport, OK area. Thank you so much for your hospitality.

Highly recommemd this place !

Very peaceful, clean place and super nice owner we met, Denny & Verginia . Definitely come back again.

Oasis!

We were shocked by how beautiful this campsite was. It is a hidden valley oasis with grassy campsites and nestled in between trees and surrounded by red rock walls! Campsite owner was super nice and helpful. 15 bucks for a tent site and you get to pick it first come first serve. Super close/easy access to the I-40!

Stunning

This place is gorgeous and the views are breathtaking from the top. There aren’t a lot of hiking trails. It’s one way up, walk around on the plateau and back down you go. We drove pretty far to see it and it wasn’t a long stop. We spent a decent amount of time up too but next time will make it a part of a bigger trip to see more things. There’s picnic tables and restrooms. I’d for sure picnic here. The way up is steep. I took my dog and she did great going up the grates steps. So did my children (ages 6 and 13). They do have a water hydrant by the bathrooms so you can get water for your pets. My kids enjoyed putting their faces in it bc it was a pretty hot day lol. There is a vending machine but it was not working when we went.