Byng , OKLAHOMA

Cyber Monday Gift Extended Try Pro Free for 6 Months

Most Recent Byng Camping Reviews
Worked for the night in a pinch

Was passing through the area and needed a place to land since I couldn’t find any BLM out this way. I paid $16 for a tent site at Hog campground, which had a fire ring and picnic table. Pulled in at night so it took me a while to find it but all tables note the campsite which helped. Bathrooms were meh, but worked. Didn’t use the showers but they aren’t free. They are quarter showers. Clean site and felt safe. Had 2 bars of LTE AT&T service.

Great place

Had a great time here with my son. Place was a bit flooded and off season, but we had a blast adventuring on the trails and in the water. Great time!

Annual Trip

We come here every February for a guys' trip. We camp and fish. Scotty's is a great place to stop in and get local fishing advice as well as a tasty breakfast/lunch. Campsites are far enough apart to feel secluded.

Beautiful place in Southern OK

Beautiful river in the hills of Southern Oklahoma.This is a public fishing and hunting area and not a state park , therefore it is much more primitive.  For the most part campers are responsible for cleaning up after themselves, many of whom refuse to do so. There were a lot of toilet paper piles and dirty diapers in the woods surrounding the campsites. The area was also packed full of people with Texas tags.  The area gets more pristine the further you get from the campsites and parking areas. There is a catch and release trophy section at the upper reaches of the river. Be sure to have the proper outdoors license for your activity as the area is heavily patrolled and enforced. Be aware of the barbless hook areas. The river mostly consists of clear water flowing over a series of rock ledges with long clear pools in between. It is not ideal for floating as you will have to portage every quarter mile or so. The facilities consist of a few pit toilets that are not regularly cleaned. Outside of the camping and parking areas there is no vehicle access.

Beautiful lake views

Overall, I really enjoyed camping here and will definitely will be back.

My new favorite

This place is so beautiful and FREE! You must have a fishing or hunting license to camp here. Camping stops are spaced out very well. It is primitive camping. There is no electricity and there are some bathrooms but very few which doesn’t bother me bc I don’t use them anyways. It is very relaxing and was somewhat quiet other than the person 50 yards away allowing their kids to scream bloody murder for over an hour lol but other than that it was peaceful! Will be returning soon with my son to take him fishing. The water is so clear, you can see the fish in it.

I don’t like crowds

I agree with the others. It’s trashed and it is PACKED. The tent sites are a little too close together for my liking. Like on top of each other. I think your best bet would be to stay on the outer edge sites and not in the middle for sure. I’d also reserve online bc they are always full. I’ve heard of people being turned away that just show up to camp. It is EXPENSIVE also. You have to pay for your campsite and then also pay a fee per person. Tent camping is only $12.50 but then add on $16 per adult and $9 per child….. it’s ridiculous. There’s a lot of other places I would rather stay that are way less crowded and way cheaper. I’d suggest staying elsewhere and stopping in for the day if you want to go. ALSO you have to have a coast guard approved life jacket for everyone under the age of 12! So keep that in mind. Pets are not allowed at the falls either.

Way too packed and littered

I’ve tried to like sulphur but I don’t. It’s a beautiful area but extremely crowded and oh so noisy. The gorgeous pictures you see of the waterfalls aren’t like that. They are lined with people sitting on them. We had to hike downstream quite a ways to get away from every one. Will not be returning.

Very Impressed

Family and I stayed here for the weekend and were very pleased with the amenities and upkeep of the campgrounds. The concrete pad made for easy set up the trailer. The beaches were no different with easy access and well kept shores. One of the nicest campgrounds in the area. The only con would be the lack of cell service. For some, this may not be a big deal and for us it was nice to have a break from the world, but there were moments where some type of connection would have been nice. This is by far a family favorite and a place we look forward to going back to.

We enjoy Post Oaks

We had a site in Post Oaks campground and really enjoyed it. Really long, pull thru sites and really shady. There’s a little swim beach. We have a camper so we didn’t use the bathrooms, but they did not look great. We drove around at all of the campgrounds and we liked post oaks the best. Little axe has some nice sites, but it’s almost always crowded.