Camping in Asphaltum

181 Reviews of 48 Asphaltum, Oklahoma Campgrounds

sissy L.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 19, 2021

Wonderful time

Good place for quiet time

Sitetent
Aaron T.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 13, 2021

Expensive but nice

This is a great campsite we stayed when it was colder and during the week so there wasn’t really anyone else around so it was really nice and right across from the creek we caught a few bass and watch a beaver clean itself the next morning it has a lot of hiking trails all in all it’s a really nice…

• Play button icon
  • Play button icon
Sitenot sure didn’t see a number close to main road
MThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 12, 2021

Peaceful but lacking information

It’s beautiful but the camp host is in his first season. It would be more beneficial if he could explain/navigate the trails and campgrounds. I came in my Astro van and was wanting to be close to the trails. The host was not able to verbalize where I should go. Great facilities!

Lawrence The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 11, 2021

Great for overnite stop!

Staff was great! Very helpful. Nice place to stay for short time. Site was ok. Not much shade. Easy on-off highway access.

Aaron T.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 11, 2021

Decent spot

Pretty crowded the camp spots are pretty close to each other and small there is definitely nicer ones close by. But with that said this is a nice one and is close to veterans lake which is close to the recreation center which is really cool and worth checking out! The friendship bridge is cool and…

Sitenot sure if number
Brandon M.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 4, 2021

Cheap and quiet

At the time I stayed full hook ups where $15. Easy check in, just write your info down and out 15 dollars in an envelope. Very quiet and clean park. Great stop for a overnight stay.

BThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 24, 2021

Immaculate Experience!!

I can’t say enough good things about this place. The employees are so incredibly kind, you can tell they love what they do. The breakfast from the cafe was great! The general store had everything you can think of and toys for the kids with affordable prices! From animals to a water course on the…

• Henry the 13 year old Tortoise
  • Friendly animals that come up to you.
dustin B.
Reviewed Aug. 11, 2021

I love this place

I got there late Monday night and left Wednesday afternoon I was in camp #40 which was an excellent location

• breakfast time
Site#40
Devang S.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 9, 2021

Calm primitive camping

The camping is primitive and we had access to a small natural pool area near falls. However, the rains messed up our tent and the bathrooms didn’t work.

Daniel B.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 3, 2021

Great family fun!

Can’t say enough about this place. Staff were super accommodating and friendly. So many day activities and my kids were never bored with 3 pools and a splash pad. They even finish off every night with a marshmallow roast! My only complaint is that we didn’t have enough time to do everything that…

• acting like a kid
  • relaxing
Gina B.
Reviewed Jul. 25, 2021

Super Clean

Super clean, nice size bathrooms that are air conditioned.

SiteShangri La Oklahoma
Danielle S.
Reviewed Jul. 22, 2021

Great Place!

Beautiful park with tons of activities and great staff.

Brian V.
Reviewed Jul. 15, 2021

Stopped here a couple times for overnights. A little off my travel route, but it's well worth it. Very nice and it's never crowded.

• evening view from western side
Susan G.
Reviewed Jul. 14, 2021

Turner Falls was awesome.

I really enjoyed this park. Very accessible on a motorcycle. Nice campground area suitable for tents. Plenty of picnic tables and storm shelters and restrooms.

Jasmine M.
Reviewed Jul. 11, 2021

Very well maintained campsites, facilities, and trails!

This was our first time staying at the Chickasaw National Recreation Area and we loved it! Our site was wonderful and about 50ft from the water. The site itself was well shaded throughout the day and was fairly surrounded by trees. We noticed nearby campsites were more open and not as shady…

SiteC57