The best EQUESTRIAN camping near
Broughton , OHIO

Most Recent Broughton Camping Reviews
Great outside of Covid

We had a really great time. Good cell coverage. Lots of security, playgrounds, well kept trails, a beach, general store. This place is MASSIVE. You will need to pay a one time entry fee 9 for out of state, 7 for in state. After you check into the campsite you will have a pass. We got a space with direct access to a huge playground, but it was closed for Covid. Major bummer. There are LOTS and LOTS of playgrounds so we had a lot of temper tantrums from my normally very well behaved toddler. He goes days and days without fussing but seeing playgrounds he can't use is too much, lol The swimming area is great for kids. They have lots of stuff for sale. I posted pictures so you can budget. Overall this place was perfect, the only downside is the temporary closures. A Walmart Supercenter is 30 minutes away. The general store really has anything(including tents) that you might need but it's overpriced as you would expect. We were able to stay on property all 5 days! Extra bonus! We were here on Memorial Day and we saw 0 people on a morning hike.

Great State Park

Great little State Park. Nice clean camp sites. Plenty of trails to hike and a nice little lake to enjoy. Will definitely come back here

About what you’d expect

Only stopped here for the night to catch a rest so cannot speak to the trails or lakes. The place was nice enough at first glance that I’ll be back to check all those things out if I’m ever around these parts again. Would I make a many-hours-out-of-my-way detour for this place? Maybe… if the online booking looked like the park campground wouldn’t be terribly booked, because the sites are pretty jammed in there and close together, so you’d want to be there when it is less busy.

There were very cute friendly cats that came out at night to comb my site to see if there were any foodstuffs to be had. I prefer them over rodents, but missed the overly-friendly raccoons I’m used to :)

Huge!!

Our stay was short, but I'd definitely consider another trip! Beautiful campground, large but still felt pretty secluded. Bathrooms were clean and well stocked.

Great stay

We are heading to Colorado from Michigan so this was just a stopover, one night. Very much like this park and will be back when we have more time to enjoy it. Spacious sites, good shade.

Family fun

Great place for family, lots of amenities.

Very nice

Really nice campground,  we stayed one night while traveling. Clean bathrooms and showers! Campsites clean, some privacy between sites with trees, very quiet. Had lake, trails, would be great for families on vacation.

Beautiful, serene, great place

This was our first choice to camp after we bought our camper, and was it the right place!! The campground is beautifully kept, quiet, tons of camping spots! They are not full hook up, and make sure you fill up as you are not always close enough to a hydrant as I was somewhat led to believe. The only downfall to this place is phone service ice is very shady, as I have Verizon.

Per the name, Chain O Lakes, there are 9 lakes connected, with canals connecting them all. Our 12 year old twin girls had a kayak, and my husband and I. To do them all is a total of 10 miles, MOST of which are easy. There are a few tricky spots, but you can get through it. Very picturesque going through the canals, with lily pads, and other water flowers all through your trip!

The shower house didn’t have real hot water, especially if more than one running at a time.

General store had everything and the staff was great! Will definitely be going back!

Great time

Very clean state park. Reasonable prices. Kayaking and the beach was a huge hit with the kids.

Decent campground

Our plans were changed so we lost our reservation. However they let us stay for free at the back of the campground. No power or anything. But it was nice of them to help us out.